Thread: Hi, im new here, and have some concerns :-/

Unhappy Hi, im new here, and have some concerns :-/

Hi, well my concerns are about this lump if got under my jaw, its right by where the jaw bends a little below the ear. Its hard and moves freely about. its not painful and its under a centimetre in size. Ive had it i think over 5 years, i dont think i remember it coming or being any smaller, it hasnt changed all the time its been there. Its on the right hand side, its not visible unless i turn my head to the left then you can see it slightly. I dont know why im really posting this, im terrified of what this could be. Im too scared to see a doctor to find out. Im 18 and otherwise healthy i think :-/ As i said i really dont know why im posting this because im even nervous about getting answers that i dont want :-(

Re: Hi, im new here, and have some concerns :-/

I have one of those too - had it years and it has never changed or grown.

I think it is lymph node.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

im not sure its a lymph node, i had a dental infection a couple of weeks ago and got a swollen lymph node with that and it was totally different to this thing :-/

Well I have one the same - I can move it around. Been there as long as I can remember to be honest so I guess it is harmless.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

ok thanks, so you dont think i need to see a dr? do you ever get a stiff and clicky jaw on that side?

My son has 3 that sound similar to yours, just in front of his ear, just above his adams apple, & literally under his chin. Places I didn't think we had glands, but thats all they are so the doc says! Blood tests came back clear, & he's had them a couple of years now (he's 14) so we have to just leave them. Well, he doesn't, he fiddles with the one under his chin, it drives me mad! lol

ok thanks, i just made the mistake of googling :-( ohhh dear!!

WARNING doctor Googleis BAD for your health

We only ever read the bad bits, if you have had it that long with no ill efects it cant be that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Ice_clare View Post
    ok thanks, i just made the mistake of googling :-( ohhh dear!!

Well dont tell us what it said because I gave up googling years ago, & I will only start worrying again, even though the doc has said all is fine for my son & its been a couple of years!

I learnt my lesson googling too. Now I only use it for non health related searches. Anything health related I come here cause I know its my anxiety.

Thread Information