Thread: Life is passing me by :(

Life is passing me by :(

Hi Everyone,

Sorry just dont know what to say really, hmmmm. Not too sure if I have posted in the correct section, well I am sorry if its wrong. Does anyone feel like their life is passing them by, or you are stuck in a rut kind of thing and dont know how to get out of it. I would like to hear your experiences and things.

I have been like depressed for quite some time now. And its awful, I find it so hard to make new friends, well I really dont have any friends you see, yeah I know how sad :( . I just cant seem to find a way out of my problem I thought I knew the answer but it turns out no. Hmmm, I have tried counselling but I felt like I was wasting their time, cos I was stuck in some kind of fog mentally. I dont like to bug my drs cos I think they just think im a pest, and they dont believe me, or perhaps I am paranoid.

I really dont know why I am posting this to be honest, . I have no idea whats so ever. I get angry over things like someone not sending me a bday card, someone not responding to an email I sent, etc etc. So silly me, Oh well I just can't help it.

Sorry.

SHYGIRLAJB.

Re: Life is passing me by :(

Know what you mean about emails
    think it must be a confidence thing, if people dont return my emails or phone calls i assume i must be the problem x

Hi, PanicOver!!

Many thanks for you response, hmmm I don't really know what it is really, just for instance,I wrote, an email to my fellas bro, to his email addresses and never got a response so I decide to write an email from my fella to his bro, and there was a response, so I have got it into my head that his bro has a problem with me. What doesnt help fellas bro normally sends me a bday card, but this year I never received one hence the reason why I wrote the email to see if they are ok.

I don't know really, get upset over silly things, like I only got like 4 bday cards, which did upset me, cos other members of my family didnt send me a card or wish me happy birthday, yeah I know its kind of petty and things. I actually dont know why I get upset like this over simple things, I am sure I was never like this before. Oh well, enough of the speech, lol Once again, thanks for your response.

SHYGIRLAJB.

Hi,

Don't be sorry Shygirlajb. Its good you've been able to write down how you're feeling.

The fog of anxiety & depression can certainly be a right evil. I wrote a poem a few years back about feeling as though i was surrounded by this and how it affected me. I posted it on the Symptoms section of this forum. Its now on the 3rd page. “Black Dust” is the title of the Thread.

May not be much help, but thought i would share.

"if people dont return my emails or phone calls i assume i must be the problem" - Great sentence PanicOver, it sums it all up.

Take Care Shygirlajb

Matt

"Deo Spes Meo"

Hi there,

You are in abit of a lull at the moment by the sound of things. I felt like a bit of an outsider to most people and situations, mainly because I made myself an outsider by reading too much into what I thought people were thinking about me, the answer always was -ve. My confidence was rock bottom, I couldn't look people straight in the face, I couldn't hold a conversation, my nerves were shot! In the end I had to go see th doctor, who sent me to a counsellor and prescribed citalopram. The lesson I learned from all this was to take a look at things from an outside perspective and not judge myself so harshly! It took time but now I feel a lot better!

Hope you well!

LK

Hello ,
    i know what you mean ...for example last night went for dinner around friends , wasnt feeling good in the first place when we got there there were 8 people in total so the host gave a drink to everyone and not me ...i convinced myself he didnt like me because i am a horrible person... But thinking about it today i think is not me the problem but him as he is a bad host - so try not to blame yourself for everything
    take care
    F

Hi Everyone

Thankyou for taking the time to read and reply to my post, and very sorry for not replying sooner, well most family members like forgot my bday its ok some of them like apologies once questioned but other, didn't which kind of upset me, silly I know. I am trying to find more friends and things. Yeah I go on facebook, and try and speak to people on there, I know, I hear you cry or how sad. It is kind of easier at the moment then speaking some stranger face to face, if you see what I mean, I am trying my best, to work up my confidence with people, perhaps I speak rubbish oh well. The only trouble is with facebook and things, I do get a bit upset when people delete you. Oh well, not sure what else I can do at the moment, cos im not into like group session. I don't even go to town on my own, unless its aboslutely necessary, cos I feel that people are looking and talking about me. hmmm.

Once again thanks for posting, .

xx

Hi Shy

I totally understand where you are coming from and am so sorry that you are feeling this way.

The only thing I can say is that you never know what tomorrow may bring. It's the brilliant thing about not being able to see into the future. We would love a crystal ball sometimes, wouldn't we? If only we had know this...........if only we had know that..............but good job most of the time that we didn't, right?

Life may be passing you by for the moment, but you never know what's around the corner.

Els

Yep, life is certainly passing me by. It;s not like i havent tried either. I can't keep up with friends and they get bored of me and we lose contact. I've said before it's a waste of a life.

But you know in my head I'm kinda OK. I have happy times and appreciate things that others just wouldn't. Sometimes I don't even watch TV for days on end then find I've missed out on some major news. Well it didn;t need me to know after all. lol

I kinda live in a little bubble and come out once in a while. It's not healthy but CBT helps for me. I pay privately cuz it's not available in our area on the NHS. It reallyhelps but doesn't make a cure.

Best Wishes

Bubble

Thread Information