Thread: Please help or give advice

Please help or give advice

Hi All,

I was diagnosed with Panic Attacks about 3 weeks ago and am currently on Citropalm. I have had 3 big attacks over weeks all on a Sunday.

My question is when i get them i get a sudden surge of heat all through my body is this normal ?

Also ive made the mistake this morning by looking on the internet for symptoms of Lung Cancer, and feel now i may have this as some of the symptoms i have, has anyone else done this or feel this ?

Thanks

Re: Please help or give advice

Hi Chardless
    Ive been on Citalopram for 4 years now and when you first start them they can cause side effects that may make your panic attacks worse. This is normal and will ease and start to help your attacks after a month of taking them. The heat you feel is a rush of adrenaline that has been released after a build up of fear, its a completely normal reaction to anxiety and I know it frightening but it will not harm you, when it happens put some lavender oil on a tissue and smell it, this will help you relax and the heat will go, also try bach rescue remedy, this helps you calm down. When you suffer from panic attacks you are convinced you have a serious disease, its hard to accept that its just fear thats causing these horrible symptoms, but it is just fear. I was convinced I had all sorts of diseases and checked symptoms on the internet all the time and kept going to the doctors convinced I was having a stroke or had cancer, I recommend you have a check up just to put your mind at rest, but I promise its anxiety and not lung cancer. After you've had a check up you can start to accept that it is anxiety and you can start to overcome it. Read Dr Claire Weekes books they really help with panic attacks, you will get over this I promise

Hi

When i first went on citalopram, for the first few weeks i had bad panic attacks and felt like my body was on fire.

It is just a reaction to the meds and it will pass

love mandie x

thanks for the replies, i'm currently typing this after a bad night, just having some camomile tea. im on 10mg of citropalm and i was thinking of going to the docs to get a higher dose, the attacks i can know sort of contain and they pass quickly. its just the constant thinking and analysing of pains etc.. its really affecting my family and my wife.
    I just want it to go. Im trying the linden method, has anyone else tried this or had any luck with it

thanks
    kevin

Sorry to hear you've had a bad night :( If you give the meds a month to work and if it isn't working then go back to the doctors. I have been on citalopram twice and it is a gods send for me! But you do need to stick it out at the beginning I found both times but it does help
    I have heard of the Linden method and read a bit about it but no haven't done it...I have found that there is more useful information on this site of how to feel better than any methods in my opinion but let me know if it works and Ill give it a try
    Candy xx

Thread Information