Thread: Abit lost

Abit lost

Hey my names alex im 20, new to this website, run out of ideas really for help with regards to Medication/Pherepy as iv finally kicked myself into gear so any suggestions would be great. Here goes anyway about me lol.

Started developing agrophobia at around 16, quit my job and college and retreated away, was with a gf at time and in some respects burried my head in the sand to deal with my problems at a later date. 2 years passed we had split nothing had changed, for a breif period i broke the cycle and got out and started to regain things, i guess the real drive behind it was not wanting to be alone. I found another gf and it started again, we were happy i never really challenged myself in the sense of getting over my social phobia so it was great, she recently just went to uni and paranoia started to hit, and we split last week.
    Alot of things hit me i guess, i spose the worst of them was the feeling of waking up and seeing around me how much my life had decayed and i had leached on her to get me through a 'life', Loosing her and realising the mess im in ie, loosing all mates by not keeping in contact and strain it puts on my family has spurred me onto to beat this. But im at odds end. iv tried numerous things over the years, CBT, counceling etc problem with my agrophobia is i feel sick when im out and about around people, but anyway when i think back im not sure i really wanted it to work. Why im posting here not looking for a miricle just some advice Sorry about the poor grammer and thanks for reading.

Re: Abit lost

"when i think back im not sure i really wanted it to work."

Hi Alex. I suffer from agrophobia too and would love to overcome it. As with all anxiety, there is plenty of help and advise available, but in the end the only person who can help and change things is yourself. During your counselling did you look into reasons why you might perhaps not really want to go out? If not, maybe you could ask your doc for another referral for help in this area. Once you want to make changes, you can succeed - take a look at some of the success stories on this site. Good luck!

Thread Information