Thread: DVT

DVT

Well i've been on Citalopram since May and for most of the time ive been ok but over the last few days I have started to panic about having a DVT! I've had pains in my left leg for months now and the doctor said it wasnt a DVT and I felt fine but now i have a strange pain in my right thigh and im really worried about it. i've even measured my legs today and every measurement i did was different. I had the D dimir test ( I think thats right) in April and everything was ok. but the pain is my thigh is more scary then the pain i have in my calf, has anyone here had a DVT who could offer advice.

Re: DVT

Hi Kathryn,

I don't know why but DVT is constantly on mind and I'm always convinced I have it so I can relate to you.
    I have been told by doctors at the hospital and my GP that I do not have one.
    The doctors have said that my calf would be hard and painful and also very hot.
    My calves often ache but are not painful. I normally take the odd aspirin to get my blood flowing and it normally goes away.

If you are worried though always see your doctor for reassurance as it puts your mind at rest.

Thread Information