I have a hard lump-like mass on my neck, a few inches below my ear (where my jaw starts). I've made the mistake of Googling this and it's right where some lymph nodes would be. The lump is deep and seems to be underneath my neck muscle. It's not tender at all and is very firm (I can't move or squish it at all). It's not on my left side at all.

I went to the doctor not too long ago for an immigration physical, and he felt my lymph nodes and said he couldn't feel anything. He didn't press very hard, though, and as I said it's pretty deep so I doubt he could've felt it. I thought that he would comfort me by checking it, but I still find myself thinking and worrying about it all the time. I've made the mistake of going to Google, and of course everything comes up cancer. I'm a horrible carcinophobe and I'm extremely unsure what to do... I don't have any insurance, but I can't think of anything it could be that wouldn't be serious. I just turned 22 and I feel trapped by my fear of the C word right now. I should have insurance in 6-8 months when my immigration finally processes, but until then I feel stuck, and I'm worried about waiting that long. I feel extra silly since I was JUST at the doctor's two weeks ago. Any advice or reassurance would be greatly appreciated! :(