Thread: 4 weeks on and still suffering, is this side effects?

4 weeks on and still suffering, is this side effects?

Hi all
    I am now on day 30 of 20mg cita and still have symptoms. My jaw feels permenantly clenched, im dizzy and lightheaded most of the time, i feel agitated and anxious for no apparent reason and have been getting really intense headaches. Can these symtoms still be side effects after 4 weeks ?
    Take care x

Re: 4 weeks on and still suffering, is this side effects?

Yes it can take some time to fade away, some are quicker than others. Persevere, it is well worth it in the end!!

Hope you well

LK

I am on day 21 and feeling anxious/panicky, dizzy, lightheaded, always yawning. Kinda hoped this would pass by now but hopefully these side effects settle down for us soon x

Thanks for your replies, i'll keep going with them i dont want to give up on them yet seeing that i coped this far with the SE take care x

I'm on day 42 of ADs and still get some side effects, mainly tiredness, dry mouth, headaches and up n down moods, GP did say can take up to a couple of months in some people
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

oh yeah week 8 on cital 20mg. Better than i was but still having weird spells throughout the day. strange spaced dizziness etc and upset tummy about an hour after taling em. Worked for me before tho so percevering x

you know in the packets of citalopram they say you may start feeling better from 2 weeks onward, this isn't strictly true or untrue in my experience, I've noticed there have been a few subtle improvements from abotu the 2 week mark, and I am actually physically able to sleep again without sleeping medication (although I'm still a bit of a night owl) but on the whole im still feeling rubbish, anxiety has reduced somewhat and I'm now 5 doses of 20mg per day away from the 4 week mark. I think the actual clinical trials are usually about 8 weeks to determine whether its beneficial or not, but don't quote me, thats just what I heard off a psychiatric nurse. i know citalopram were beneficial for me the last time I was on them but Ican't remember whether it took a month or longer.

keep at it hun, if you get to week 9 or 10 and theres no improvement at all then it might be worth speaking to the doctor again.

by the way, I learnt from experience that whilst you generally don't get any ill effects from having a beer whilst on citalopram, heavy drinking can destroy the beneficial effects of antidpressants, Ive tried varying antideps over the past couple of years which didn't seem to be working for some reason, I now believe that reason is that I was destroying their beneficial effect with booze.

anyway sorry to ramble on, but I hope that helps

Danath, I did find on another site that time required for therapeutic response: initial 2wks, max 8wks, so as you say I would give it 9weeks or so first.
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

Thank you so much for your replies, its so reassuring to have you guys to turn to when things get tough, i will keep going with my fingers crossed take care xxx

Thread Information