Thread: Can't live in the present

Can't live in the present

Hi everyone,

Lately I've been feeling like time passes too fast. I am homesick for the past, and not excited at all about the future. I feel like my life is moving so quickly and im not enjoying any of it, nothing is fun for me anymore, I can't live in the moment or enjoy life, which is so strange to me because I was always so vivacious, and happy.

I've had really bad health anxiety for the past few months, and it is finally starting to subside, I feel like I have it under control. But it feels somehow easier with "physical symptoms" and the feelings I have about life are a lot harder to get rid of.

I wish life would stop moving so fast, AAAAAAAGGGHHHHH,, help.

Taliya

Re: Can't live in the present

I feel the same but unfortunately life isnt as easy as that :(

I manage to stop my anxiety for the future by not thinking past the week that way i can do fun things in the week and look forward to them. Im going to america next march but right now i cant look forward to it, yet i cna look forward to going out next tursday night. Dont know if itl work for you but i hate thinking time goes to fast so by concentraiting on a week at a time, i can do things that fulfil my time

Love Life Live Free - My struggles to love my life and live free of depression and anxiety.

I can really relate to this ! Nothing seems to makes sense to me and i certainly can't see the wood for the trees. I often feel overwhelmed by the present and it is very hard to not say "stop the bus, i want to get off !" I did that last year and i'm still no further forward although i am now getting divorced. My husband just couldn't understand the depression but i was also to blame as i didn't let him in i guess. Sometimes i can say that i am looking forward to the future but it doesn't happen enough.

For me it is one day at a time....some days are good days others not so brilliant !

Sorry this is not alot of help zippy but i do hope that you can turn your life around and i think i'll have to keep trying too.....

thanks t both of you : )

Thread Information