Thread: not sleeping.

not sleeping.

I would like to go to sleep. I'm 6/7 weeks into zero meds. . .i was taking citalopram but have eased myself off them this year. . .

This last week i just can't sleep. Correction, I go to sleep 10/10.30 BUT then i wake up 12.30/1am and i just can't sleep. I eventually get up and faff about for a few hours and go back to bed.

it's driving me nuts!

I've tried Nytol, ovaltine, warm bath before bed, no t.v, reading before bed, excersise through the day, not eating too late. . . .but every night the same.

If i knew that anyone else had suffered from this particular symptom and it passes after a bit that would make me feel a bit better. Should i even be suffering ANY symptoms after 6/7 weeks drug free??

this is me. googly eyed from lack of sleep!

J

Re: not sleeping.

Hmmmm personally I wouldn't have thought so but I'm not a doctor or a pharmacist so I couldn't confirm, iknow citalopram can cause sleeping trouble when you're first taknig them, but I'd have thought any symptoms of sleeplessness on comnig off them would have shown themselves earlier, but again, i'm not a medical expert.

I'd suggest talking to a doctor or pharmacist, or both, a doctor might think it necassary to go back onto an antidepressant but one to help sleep too, or something like amytritpiline to help get you off to sleep, its as important as eating food and drinknig water to our continued good health and make sure your doctor addresses it with you, they are paid a lot of money, so make sure he/she earns it!

hope thisd helps.

Dan

Re: not sleeping.

cheers for the response. . .i defo don't want to go down the AD route again. Ever. I agree that if my sleep problems were a result of coming off Citalopram then i would have thought they would have occured earlier. It is more probable that the sleep problems are related to something else. . .

Perhaps in a way though, Citalopram is a factor. I found that Citalopram kind of numbed my emotions and dumbed down any worries or fears i had. It also dumbed down any joy and happy moments i had too. It 'stabilised' me (which is good 'cos that's what it's supposed to do). Maybe now after 3.5 years on Citalopram my brain needs to reprogram itself and learn again how to process the highs and lows that life throws at us an start to deal with the daily worries we all have. . .job security/paying the bills etc.

I have had a reasonable nights kip the night before last but last night i was up again at 2am and didn't return to bed until about 4am.

I'm gonna have my horlicks and my Kalms now. Then read for a bit and go to bed in an hour or so.

Probably see you again about 3am!

Nighty night.

Thread Information