Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: inositol or sjw

Re: inositol or sjw

Hi.
    One tsp of powder is approx 4g.
    I take one tsp at breakfast, 1/2 at lunch and then another 1/2 at dinner. All with or after food. This is quite a large dose but I was having really bad panic attacks and needed to start at the high end of the scale.
    I think you could try taking 2 tablets in the morning and then again in the afternoon. If you think it is two much i.e. have an upset tum then cut down. If you don't think it is helping at all you could maybe go up a little. It is all trial and error and everyone is different so it is hard to say.

Personally I think I started to feel a little better after a couple of days and by day four or five felt really good. I hate to say that in case I am tempting fate and it all goes wrong and I feel yuk again but I will keep updating even if it does.

Good luck.

The therapeutic dose used in trials is 12g of inositol per day for depression, anxiety and panic disorder, and 12-18g per day for obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).

As far as I know, inositol is the only substance that can control all of these conditions without bad side effects.

Inositol has proven effective in low doses and although it takes an average of 3 weeks to really kick in, trials prove inositol can and does work much more quickly.

I find benefits start to occur within 2-4 days of beginning a "course" of inositol. It usually reverses the effects of anxiety, nervousness and negative thinking to the point where I feel almost completely better within a week.

I increase my own dose if I am feeling depressed or going through a blip. I am often feeling well enough that I forget to take the inositol.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

i too have taken this but did'nt realise it took a few days to kick in , still got a bottle so will try again.have you also tryed h-5tp this is also good and works straight away !

sue x

Hi Sue.
    Can I ask how much 5-htp you take?
    I find inositol has helped greatly but I still get that nervous tum feeling and still have some way to go.
    Regards Erin

imo neither have worked for me, really thought inositol would do as I'd read good things about it but it didn't do a thing

Hi Cat.
    Can I just ask what dose you took and for how long?
    Have you found any suppliments that do help?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I think you have to persevere with inositol for quite a few weeks to get the full benefits. Personally I felt some benefits after a few days - it has a quietening effect on my mind.

Well I've been taking it for 4 days now (6 tablets a day now) and no ill effects. Must admit that I dont feel as bad as I did. I dont want to cry all the time now and thats an improvement. Whether its just a coincidence and whether it will last is another thing but I am hopeful.

I took 650mg capsules 3 times a day for over a month and never noticed anything other than feeling really tired when I took them (also a bit queasy). I stopped taking them after that. At the moment I am taking calcium with vitamin D, B6 and vitamin C with flavanoids.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information