Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: starting setraline monday

starting setraline monday

just wondered if there are any effects with tihs medication as im always scared to take new meds, omly starting on 50mg and gonig upto 100mg in a few weeks any help on these would be grateful

amandax

Re: starting setraline monday

Hi hun im on these meds 100mg a day havent had any bad side effects with them hope ur ok havent heard from u for a while x

Please be aware that it can have pretty bad side effects for up to about 6weeks, but not everyone gets them and most that do seem to die down after a couple of weeks.
    I started on 50mg then went up to 100mg after 6weeks. Give us a shout if you want to
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

hi i am on this tablet to been on it for 9 days still feeling very panicky anxeity bad when will they start to work

Hey amandaj (the gaming legend :P)

I started Setraline last Monday and had 2 really good days and then had a few side effects the last 3 days just like headache and feeling a bit spaced out and sleeping a lot but nothing that is too bad

I have heard really good things about this tablet and how much it has helped people so fingers cross that we are both on the mend :P

Candy xx

i started on 25mg 4 weeks ago then went up to 50mg a week ago and now on 75mg. still haven't had any side effects other than going to bed much earlier than i used to. anxiety died down a lot for a few days this week and i felt wonderful but it came back a couple days ago and now i feel like crap:( but like everyone says on here...it takes awhile to get rollin'

Hi Amanda

I take sertraline, I did get some minor side effects and I had an increase in anxiety for a couple of weeks but it died down after that. You may not get any side effects at all, some people don't. Hopefully you will be one of them.

Take care

Sue xxx

I got panic attacks, anxiety throw the roof for the first 3/4weeks then no real improvement till I was up to 100mg after 6weeks, - 4days after up'in felt 99% back to my normal self and still fine. It has worked for me, but I have to say the first 4 weeks or so was the worst time I have ever had in my life.
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

ty for all the replies, i hope i dont get any side effects as this is my worse fear ill lt you all know how im getting on on them
    thanks again
    amandaxx

Hi Amanda,

I have been on sertraline for about two years now. I find them to be about the best anti-depressant I have had for helping my depression/frame of mind, and I have tried a few different pills. The only side effect I have found is getting mild-to-bad headaches if I forget to take them one day - as I have occasionally done! I was on 150mg for a time, but this caused me to be hyper anxious, I was told this was because it was more than I needed, I am much better now with the 50mg. Good luck with your medication, and I hope it does the job for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information