Thread: Overweight and heavy in the head

Overweight and heavy in the head

Hi out there

Since my last birthday I've been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I take several different types of medication for this everyday.

I also take an SSRI called Cymbalta for depression. I was advised to make a Doctor's appointment in order to collect my most recent clutch of scripts.

The only one I could get was with a Doctor I'd never seen before. I asked him if I could try another anti-depressant called Reductil which is also recommended for weight loss (it's supposed to make you feel more full) but he told me there was a risk of high blood pressure as a side effect.

I don't seem to be able to lose any significant weight even though I've been taking Xenical capsules for over two months (guaranteed to provide extra farting power with possible unwanted squelchy accidents ) and I haven't been feeling stable within myself.

I feel like isolating myself because I feel so angry with some of the 'friends' I've made at my Social Services Day Centre (only one in the borough since recent financial cutbacks) and I have few other friends I can trust outside this kind of venue. In addition, I've become involved in a Mental Health Service User Network Management Group initiated by a local branch of MIND and I think I may be out of my depth.

I seem to sweat a lot and feel apprehensive and worried about a lot of things which I need to resolve, but seem unable to tackle at present. It makes me feel self-conscious and uncomfortable.

I realise this is probably a boring read but I have to get some of this s*** off my chest and it's as honest as I can make it.

I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks because I fear that I am heading for another of my recurrent depressive episodes and these turn me into a humourless, intense and morose specimen.

Not sure what I'm asking for here. If anyone can identify with any of the stuff I've written please respond.

Re: Overweight and heavy in the head

Hi mate, the Long War against depression continues and you are still fighting, so that's a pretty good update

There is NO substitute for exercise when it comes to weight loss. A walk round the block every day will help. Basically, 30 minutes exercise 3 days a week will reduce stress and depression, it helps maintain fitness and it will burn calories. As you get used to it, it will improve your confidence when you're out of the house.

Exercise is one of the most recommended treatments for depression. And it's free.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Thread Information