Thread: Chest/Throat Infection

Chest/Throat Infection

Arghhh, ok well past 3/4 days i've felt a sore throat coming, not a really bad sore throat but enough to feel it, then this morning I woke up with some thick yellowy/greeny/browny mucus coming up (sorry for the description) and my throat is red and seems like it has some white bits on it.

Now obviously with it being a sunday I can't exactly go see my own GP, should I just stick it out today then go tomorrow, or should I try out of hours

Re: Chest/Throat Infection

Get into bed, stay warm, drink plenty of water and get some rest, take some paracetamol and you'll feel better soon.

If you're really concerned called NHS direct 0845 4647

Chris

Sounds similar to what I had, but I didn't have the cough. Its not painful is it, just, whats the word, uncomfortable? I dont know what my throat looked like though, I'm a bit squeamish & wouldn't check that out. It came & went for about a week.
    I would see the doctor in the morning if I was you though, sounds like yours could be an infection x

Aye not painful at all just a bit annoying when swallowing a drink or a piece of food, which on a Sunday is even worse!

Knowing my luck I got both a chest & throat infection though, i'll sit it out today with some throat sweets then give my GP a call in the morning, which was my plan anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh.Baz View Post
    Aye not painful at all just a bit annoying when swallowing a drink or a piece of food, which on a Sunday is even worse!

Knowing my luck I got both a chest & throat infection though, i'll sit it out today with some throat sweets then give my GP a call in the morning, which was my plan anyway.
    Years ago, my doctor told me not to use those throat loazinges, said the sugar encourages bacteria to grow? Probably better off with that antiseptic throat spray. I found that really helpful when I had a humdinger of a throat virus years ago, its kinda numbs it a tad

Thread Information