Thread: Pulmonary Embolism

Pulmonary Embolism

Hi everyone my name is Karl i am 25 and live in Wiltshire.
    The last few days i am wracked with worry that i may have a pulmonary embolus which is a blood clot in the lung!

I have been feeling terrible for the past few days, i feel very tired, i keep having chest pains mild ones, my breathing is not that good i am slighlty out of breath.

This is what i found out on a website:-

"People at particular risk of pulmonary embolus are therefore those at particular risk of deep vein thrombosis. That is, those bedbound after a stroke or surgery or during long flights, those who are immobile, women who are taking the contraceptive pill or hormone replacement therapy and anyone whose blood has an increased tendency to clot."

I am 25 as mentioned above, i am not inactive or anything i do get around, i spend afew hours on the pc everyday but i am not immobile or inactive.

Is there any chance of my symptoms being a pulmonary embolism??

I have not had any surgery or been immobile and have not been on a long haul flight or anything!

Obviously i know people over 40 are more at risk of blood clots as the older you get the more at risk you are, but i am still young and i am quite healthy.

Am i right in saying that the only way you can get a pulmoary embolism is if you have a DVT first? then the DVT blood clot travels upto the lung?

I read 1 or 2 people in every thousand have a blood clot (mainly older people over 40) and that 1 in 3 cases of blood clots travel upto the lung and 10% of people with an untreated pulmonary embolism die if left untreated, obvisously you can get small, medium and the really bad life threatening large or multiple blood clots.

I hope some people on here can give me some advice, thanks for your time.

Do you know AndrewJDavid that posts on here?

Nicola

Hello Nicola, thanks for taking the time to reply

No I don't know anyone by that name, sorry!

Hi Karl2005,

I think you must have a split personality too along with all your health anxieties, seeing as you told me on MSN you are a friend of AndrewJDavid, and you both seem to suffer exactly the same symptoms. Hmmm and you both have the same ip addys on your computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read back on all the answers you have been given before hun

Take care
    Trac

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Hi karl, welcome to the forum, I hope you have had a good look around.
    Perhaps you have spent too long looking information up, if we read the symptoms we can believe we are suffering from them and fit into the catagory for almost every illness under the sun.
    Do you work or have a hobby? Keeping busy is the answer to me and then I dont think about it.
    Is it true what Trac says?
    Take care,

love from Alexisxxxx

Thread Information