Thread: Weird Tingly/Prickly sensations.

Question Weird Tingly/Prickly sensations.

Hello, I have had anxiety for about a month and a half now, and have had de-realization non/stop since.
    My biggest fears would be Going insane, or losing touch with reality.
    I have come up with logical solutions for both and now they don't bother me as much.
    But now, I've never really noticed before, but I have been experiencing these odd tingly sensations.
    Like, as If I get the chills or something.
    But sometimes when I' m in bed trying to sleep, I'll start to get these tingles and they'll eventually spread all over.
    Now, as soon as I let the chills go all over my body, it feels like I can't move.
    I can't open my eyes, or move my arms.
    They only last for so long, but I've been REALLY worried about what this could be.
    Like, I've been worried that they're seizures or something.
    Has anyone experienced this before? Is this just stress and Anxiety?
    Any insight would be MUCH appreciated.
    As soon as I can figure out what this is, I can continue trying to get over anxiety. Thanks!
    ~Kyra

Re: Weird Tingly/Prickly sensations.

Hey Kyra,

Yes ive had this before too, i know exactly what you mean and my fears are similar to yours too, its nothing to worry about it is just anxiety, your mind is ruleing your body when this is happening, eventhough you might not think it at the time but its just your subconcious doing this, best thing to do is probably what i do and this is sit up or walk around for a bit take your mind of it, maybe put the tv or radio on in the background when it happens just move or roll over it'll soon go away. I know its horrible but just remember nothing can happen to you and the feeling of not being able to move that just shock, its your body going into shock well we should say your mind, but its nothing to worry about. Think about when a deer gets stuck in headlights. Its kind of like that. Hope this helped

Ruby xx

Thread Information