Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can citalopram help me?

Can citalopram help me?

Hi, i have a question for you who take citalopram or some other ssri.

My anxiety have been awful for a long time and i have the feeling of feeling really sick.
    Dizzy, nausseus, all kinds of flu symptoms and chest issues.

Loads of tests are done and i guess it is anxiety.

So to my question wich hopefully someone can help me out with:

Have you, anyone felt like me, really sick and then after started the pills got better? I mean feeling like normal?

I know about the first weeks, but i mean after that?

I would really appreciate help here, i have phobia for medication

/ Daniel

Re: Can citalopram help me?

hi,
    Yes I did. suffered the same symptoms as you for over a year self diagnosed every illness known to mankind and a few I come up with myself like polluted tap water, when Id finally exahausted that avenue I gave up, took the citalipram the doctor prescribed and hey presto three months later I felt as fit as a fiddle. So my advice would be give it a go, what have you got to lose. Dont make the same mistake I did though presume you dont need the meds anymore after a few months, because right now Im right back where I started, and have been prescribed them again. Different symptoms this time but doctor is convinced they are all anxiety related.

Quote Originally Posted by hunnybunny View Post
    hi,
    Yes I did. suffered the same symptoms as you for over a year self diagnosed every illness known to mankind and a few I come up with myself like polluted tap water, when Id finally exahausted that avenue I gave up, took the citalipram the doctor prescribed and hey presto three months later I felt as fit as a fiddle. So my advice would be give it a go, what have you got to lose. Dont make the same mistake I did though presume you dont need the meds anymore after a few months, because right now Im right back where I started, and have been prescribed them again. Different symptoms this time but doctor is convinced they are all anxiety related.
    Thanks for you answear! I really needed that right now, i feel a bit doubting about medications but i think i need to do something.
    Feeling ill all the time is not a good way to live, not for me or for the people around me.

Are you starting med meds again?

Is there anybody else who can give me some hope about this?
    This is hard!

Hi, I've been on cit for 9 months at 20mg and my life is probably better now than it has ever been. However I have done a lot of work to make things better for myself. The citalopram simply helped me to get things rolling.

It is possible to get back to normal on citalopram, yes.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Hi Dazo

The stomach is so sensitive to anxiety. When my anx is high if feel continually nausous, can't eat, often dry vomit and the weight just falls off me. I taken SSRI's on various occasions over the years, they have always worked on my anx, and once the anx subsides the sickness ends. Starting on Seroxat at the moment.

I understand your concern about these meds, they have a few problems associated with them. There can be side effects during the first few weeks of use and during discontinuation, but they do pass. What you don't have to worry about with these meds is that they are not tranquilisers and they are not addictive. So that's something you don't have to worry about.

I really should have started meds weeks ago, just kept thinking next week will be better. I've now delayed my recovery by 8 weeks.

I really think you should give them a go. Start up symptoms can be rough, but there's plenty of people here to support you through them, we've all been there.

Love and hugs

Bexie

Symptoms in the head, chest and stomach are all likely to be down to anxiety. Those are the three parts of my body I always get strange feelings. If you start on citalopram and notice any weird sensations in these places, it is down to the medication and/or anxiety. I had horrible side effects but I'm still here, completely intact and better than ever.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

yes I got the tablets, over a week ago but im just looking at them at the momant, I dont know why its so hard to start taking these things, (maybe its to do with the anxiety) but everyone seems to have trouble getting that first tablet down. Im definately gonna do it tonight though, I want my life back, and if thats what it takes, so be it.

I really hope i can get the currage to take them and that they can give me my life back and some peace inside my body and head.
    The anxiety and feeling sick is eating me up most days.

i suffer from horrific anxiety which makes me really sick and gives me chest pains etc. in fact, i was barely living at all and my weight got so low i started losing feeling in my legs. i swallowed my pride and started taking this med and after 2-3 weeks the side effects went away. Remember as well that the side effects are mostly down to you thinking you'll get them-inventing them so convincingly that they become real. THe side effects are no worse than what you're going through already (with anxiety) and eventually, although i can't explain how i feel better, i just started being able to live again. Don't get me wrong i'm by no means out the woods but they are so worth sticking with. Forget the thoughts of these things being like being nervous of taking an illegal drug for example. THese meds don't give you anything other than feeling the same way as you already have done without them. Hope this makes sense-if it doeasn't now,it will in 4-6 weeks. THey're really really safe to take.if you do get rare symptoms ie feeling ridiculously low, make sure you understand it WILL get better.

Take it easy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information