Thread: upping dosage

upping dosage

Hi all

Finally just managed to take some of my citalipram. I was prescribed 10mgs but I halved it to 5mgs. My question is how long should I take the 5mgs for before upping the dosage. Im so scared right now cause I only took it five minuits ago. I feel like such a baby, because some people on here seem to be on a much higher dosage then me.

Re: upping dosage

Hi

Thr normal theraputic dose for this med is 20mg.
    I think you should be ok to start with 10mg.
    Mind you, it will take some time to settle in and start working. Just bear with it

It may feel like it right now, but there is no rush to get better - it will take time and patience, and you will get there quicker if you don't rush things.

I started off on 20mg, but had an awful reaction to it, so changed to 10mg immediately.

I stayed on that for 5 weeks, then moved up to 15mg for 3 weeks and have now been on 20mg for 2 weeks.

Upping the dose has never caused as bad side effects as the initial dose, so I'd suggest staying on 5mg until the side effects have passed and you've had a run of better days. Do the same with each dose increase and you should be fine.

Thanks for replying so quick. I was on citalipram 10 mgs about a year ago, but to be honest I felt sick, had no appetite, and all other nasty things before I started taking them so I really havent a clue if I got any side affects or not, but I do know that I felt like my old self again after about 2 months of taking them. I will do like you sugested chickpea take the 5mg for a bit and see how I go, then up them to 10mg.

Thread Information