Thread: poem for comment.

poem for comment.

“PANIC-THE LONG NIGHT”
    What is this, that dangles over my heart, freezing my soul, locking-up my mind solid. Like unwanted guest they have returned to steal that most important, to invade the very core that is me. To drowned my weaken soul and drag me toward the darken door. Those cold fingers of fear dig-in, take hold, and reap around the inner folds of my mind as if to say I have you, you are mine! My chest responds, my heart explodes in that thunderous haze that bombards the belly with electric shock most intense…boom…boom…boom! I fear, I fear, I ride the cold river of madness, captive, raped by my own essence, Do not struggle, worm! This thing most sinister burses the core of my very being, confused, deboogled and arrested…he’s the eight hundred pound Monster that’s chained to my soul!
    Trembling, twitching, I keep my throbbing head down and lock my body to the cold restless bed…long night…long night…long night! Rest my Monster rest, I cry! But he is ever vigilant, ever ready to assault me again, at will, at random…I pull the reigns tight, to slow, to stop, the ravings of my mind. I judge, I jury, I prisoner and jailer, I rise! The wetness of fear runs down my cold sides, jumps up to the surface of my heated skins, I wipe the moist pits and view the sun… and pull a little slack in the chain, Long day…long day…long day!

Poem by; Stevie J.
    Copy write 11/21/09

Re: poem for comment.

i loved it , and totaly get it , its like you was there when i had my last panic attack thats so weird yet brillant well done xD

Very intense. I can really relate to it. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your comments. But thats only half the it sometimes feels. I wish I didn't understand..lol We all will over come this monster. God bless u all!

That is a intense and impressive piece of writing, it really gives a feel of how it is to be in the grip of anxiety, and how it is to be depressed to a degree. Well done.

Thread Information