Thread: setbacks

setbacks

hi all, i am now half way through my third week on citalopram. i had been starting to feel a little bit better until last night i had a major panic attack. when i got into bed i about 11.30, i felt dizzier than usual and then about 2.30 this morning i woke up scared, panicky, my eyes felt strange and i thought i was losing my mind. ive now got up this morning feeling like im back at square one, is this normal, can anyone give any adsvice please...

Re: setbacks

Hi. Sorry you had a rough night. The meds help to reduce the symptoms you have been suffering, but can't take away the problems that caused them. Sometimes panic will return again, perhaps because of something that happened to you during the day or because something has triggered your anxiety. It's usually a one-off, so try not to feel you are going backwards. Your brain has been trained to panic, it takes some time for you to retrain it.

Sorry you had a bad night happy happy ron. Still early days, so don't get disheartened. I'm on week 11 and still get the mini blips.. I think it takes long time for citalopram to work, so just try and stick with it. If you have any major concerns maybe worth visiting your GP for reassurance.

Nights like that are just awful ,but they do go eventually .Its still early days and its best just to put it down to the side effects .You will find it gets better very slowly ,somethings take time thats all .Stay positive and dont dwell on the bad times .Hugs Sue

Thread Information