Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'v been offered a job, HELP!!!!

I'v been offered a job, HELP!!!!

Well, I've gone and done it.....I've accepted a job offer starting on 28th November. I've been feeling so confident lately I thought, I want a proper job, make friends, go to the Christmas party and be 'NORMAL' (whatever that may be in this crazy world we live in)
    The nerves have started but I'm working on that. Everytime an anxious thought comes into my head, I chase it away and make the thought so small, it's hardly there!!!!
    This is a real biggy for me and I feel close to tears when I think about facing the big world again but I refuse to live my life like this anymore. I've got just as much right as anyone else to be out there doing what I want to do. I'm going to be 40 next February and I want my life to begin and stop hiding! Sorry for the rambling on but I can't talk to anyone else about this, I just have to keep saying how happy I am to have been offered the position.
    If anyone can give any extra hints on how to keep calm and focused, I'd be happy to hear them. I'm off now for my coffee and a read of my many self-help books.

Jem xxx

Well done Jem

I know what you mean about being close to tears when you have to face the world it is scary. However you have got to where you are now and that's brilliant.

My only advice is to just go for it, walk into it - let it do its worst. That's what I try to do with things.

Keep reading the self help books but don't get too confused with it all - different authors have different ideas and you can end up by getting confused with it all.

Wishing you loads of luck
    Yvonne

Y Goble

How to cope - firstly remember that this is your choice cos you want a fuller life and no-one has forced you to do it. Based on this you can definately do it, yes it may be hard at first but that will soon settle down.

Take a bottle of water to drink and remember to drop your shoulders regularly through the day. We are all here and thrilled for you that you are at this stage - I hope to follow you in this at some point.

Good on ya!!

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Gem ,

Many congratulations. Thats superb news.

What is it that you're going to be doing ?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Jem,
    How fantastic to read your post!! It brought a big smile to my face. You have done real good and will cope fine, keep up the positive attitude, and yes, life does begin at 40!!!!!!!!!

Hi all

Thanks for your messages.
    Meg, I will be working as an administrator for the environment agency. I have some worries about my skills, lots of worries about my confidence and the other thing that I'm having to try not to worry about too much, is the fact its full time.
    I've had so much time to myself, which I know is a luxury, that its a big step to go back to full time hours!
    The way I look at it though, whatever I do, part-time or full-time and whatever type of work, I'm going to have to deal with the panicky/anxious feelings I KNOW I will feel but I have got to do this. As my teenage son likes to say.....'Bring it on!!'

Jem xxx

LOL sounds like your son has the right attitude!

Best of luck for it, just remember EVERYONE feels anxious at a new job etc so give yourself sometime to settle into it!

You'll be cool!!

Sarah

Great news - CONGRATS!!!!!

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Nice one Jem...

We shall be thinking of you .

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

A big thank you again for all your messages....it really helps to read them because I know I'm not alone and people are thinking of me.
    I'm so glad I found this place!

Jem xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information