Thread: Has anyone else felt like this?

Has anyone else felt like this?

Hi,
    I feel like I'm going a bit crazy. I've had loads of disasters over the past 20 years and had a lot of ill health and death. My Mum was killed when I was pregnant with my first child and since then life's not been the same. I've really fought to make life better, and happily, got engaged in Oct. About 3 weeks after I got engaged, I felt my foot get really freezing and then my leg tingling until I felt like I coudn't stand anymore and landed on the floor. That was five weeks ago now and since then I've felt like I'm walking on moonboots, dizzy, exhausted to the point of sleeping all day. I couldn't feel my left arm and leg properly and haven't been driving or out really since then. I've been into casualty twice after total collapse and they say there is nothing medical wrong, but they can't offer any answer. I saw a neurologist yesterday who says its pure exhaustion/health anxiety. I can't believe I could feel this bad. Now I've lost my confidence, been off work for weeks, and have the added thought of how to get an MRI scan done cos I'm really chlostrophobic. I have thoughts of dying every day since my mum's death. The docs just look back to my mum's accident and label me depressed. Should I go on antidepressants or sit it out?
    Thanks

Re: Has anyone else felt like this?

I'm sorry you're feeling so terrible at the moment. You need to make an appointment to see your doctor so that you can talk to them, and discuss your options.

I'm afraid only you can decide whether you should take antidepressants or not, but whether you do or don't take them, it doesn't stop you from trying other forms of treatment. Perhaps some form of counseling, to help you come to terms with your mum's death.

I really hope you feel better soon.

Hi Star 52, I'm so sorry to hear this, I'm sure that it is the anxiety and exhaustion causing you these health problems, it's amazing how you can be affected by it. If you've seen a doctor who says there is nothing wrong, you must try and believe it, I know it's not easy, but you must try. I lost my father-in-law and brother-in-law in the space of 6 months and took it really hard, like you thinking of dying all the time, I really understand how you are feeling. Have you had your baby yet? Just wondering if you are a new mum, that would make you feel tired and exhausted, it's normal.
    There is a lot of support on this forum, it has helped me sooo much. Sending you a hugx

Hi
    Thanks for the replies, its so nice to know other people are out there. Yeh, my mum was killed 19 years ago, and so my daughter is now 19 and weighed only one pound five ounces. Unfortunately straight after that I got meningitis, pneumonia and a collapsed lung and was wrongly diagnosed several times by the doctors so I have real trust issues. I've got a really good counsellor that I was seeing, but she's been off sick herself, but am seeing her tomorrow. Just want to feel normal, whatever that is, and live without constantly thinking I'm going to end up like my mum. Anyhow, thanks for replies, much appreciated

Thread Information