Thread: wheezy chest?

wheezy chest?

Ok, so....today my palps have lessened signifcantly! good news I think!

I still have "attacks" of shortness of breath/chest tightness and discomfort though...Along with a wheeze...The doctor at the hospital said that this could be from a mild case of asthma...I think it could be an allergy of some kind...I had hayfever symptoms in the summer for the first time in my life! ( nasal drip, irritated throat that was red and sore etc )..Lately also Ive noticed my eyes get dry and itchy and the sometimes appear red and bloodshot....

As a sidenote, Ive decided that the citalopram rly doesnt seem appropriate for me. Im not severely depressed...Id rather try something tht specifically targets anxiety/panic....Ill be going into counseling nxt year so maybe I wont need any meds at all...Ive always thought that SSRI's were a bad kettle of fish anyway.

Anyway, has anyone else had a wheezey chest with anxiety..I highly doubt that anxiety can cause this..there has to be an underlying ACTUAL cause for this.

im not too worried though as all the major things tht could be causing it have been ruled out...I have a blood test on the 30th that will look for anaemia and any thyroid issues.

Re: wheezy chest?

Hi there,
    I'm getting some wheezing/ tightness too, it's only started recently since I started to get a bit obsessed with my breathing.
    I'm putting it down to anxiety as I never notice it when I'm busy and don't have time to think about it and when I do notice it happening I instantly try to relax all my chest, neck and shoulder muscles and calm my breathing down and guess what, it disappears! It also never makes an appearance when I exercise so I doubt it's being caused by anything else.
    This doesn't however stop me worrying about all the possible causes!

Thread Information