Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unusual Chest sensation

Re: Unusual Chest sensation

mate, They arent anything serious at all...Just run of the mill palpitations...or
    little mislaid messages due to your body producing too much adrenaline/cortisol etc....I get them when im nt feeling anxious either..But if im honest im thinking abt them all the time so Its obvious tht im going to experience them...Its been over a month for me now so if they were a threat to my life Id be dead by now I think!! Plus Ive had the opinion of two docs and a cardiologist at the hospital...She said that in ppl my age (early 20s ) sometimes the heart sort of rewires itself...Its nothing serious! enjoy xmas!!!

Thanks so much for that! just wish I knew what they where, still you have made me feel a whole lot better, they are such a freaky occurance, i am 26 and have a good lifestyle but recently left my job due to stress and panic attacks, just freaks me out I know I need to chill out over this but the fear of the unknown is driving me to obsessive behaviour!! Thanks mate

jim

Hi Jim

I can sympathise with how freaked out you get because I do too. Over the last month or so I've been experiencing bad runs of ectopics as well as the 'jolts' now and again that you describe and I couldn't stop thinking about them, even when I wasn't experiencing them. However, I've been making a conscience effort to not think about them and belief it or not, my symptoms have been much better lately. You know, the mind is a powerful thing, and our thoughts and feelings have a physical effect on our bodies, on a conscious and unconscious level. There's a couple of books by Dr David Hamilton that I've just discovered called It's the thought that counts and How your mind can heal your body. They're about a fiver each on amazon. It might be worth considering buying them as I'm sure that they might help you. I'm sure your visit to the cardiologist next month will also put your mind at rest. It's also good to know that there are a lot of people on here with the same symptoms.

Try and enjoy Christmas!

Best Wishes

Jo

Thanks Jo, I will take a look at the books you have recommended. Problem is I am sure I am not even thinking about these things. They are coming spaced apart by a couple of days at least. But I know there is a powerful link between the mind and body and I am sure at least in my subconscious mind I must be fretting about them. Reading other posts I know others have it much worse and that it is helpful knowing others are going through the same thing, its just at the moment it has freaked me out so much I am really concerned I am going to bring on a heart attack just worrying to much. I really am obsessing! got to find a way to break the cycle....

Jim

I have a constant butterfly-ish feeling over my stomach. Always feel like the heart is going to stop. I keep telling it "well bring it on, if your going to stop you ****ing red blop, stop now"

Would be much better if humans weren't evolved into such unhealthy state of consciousness.

Hi, I find myself having the same attitude at times, thinking get on with it! Fed up waiting, I know we all have to take "the big trip" at some
    point but this constant fretting winds me up,

jim, may i congratulate you on having the funniest quote of all time:

But last time I searched google for my symptoms I nearly booked my own freezer at the morgue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information