Thread: Please can someone help...this is getting me down

Please can someone help...this is getting me down

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is well, I haven't been on here for almost a year and have really missed this place. I just really wanted some advice and to see whether anyone else has had the same problem as me.

Basically for the past few months, I have suffered from severe bloating (and when i say severe I mean my stomach goes from flat to looking like I'm 7 months pregnant and is very swollen) and it is getting me down so much. 9 times out of ten, it comes on during the night, so I wake up about 2/3am with it and the past few weeks I have had sooo many sleepless nights because I can't get comfy as my stomach is HUGE!

I DO suffer from IBS and have done for 5/6 years however I really don't think this the reason for my bloating because a) I have never suffered from bloating before the past few months and b) It's extremely painful, so much so I can't sleep for hours. I'm not pregnant either and I have been to the doctors about 2/3 times for this and just told it was IBS. I am so sick of being fobbed off with this, it's getting worse and worse.

I did have an ultrasound however they focused more on my kidneys etc than my stomach (they didn't even scan it) and it was found I had a small cyst on my kidney however the doctor said this was unrelated to my bloating.

Sorry for the long post but PLEASE can someone help me, I'm desperate for this to go, it's ruining my life. I have tried peppermint tea, cut out fizzy drinks,
    exercise, drinking lots of water, IBS meds, trapped wind meds...nothing works :(

Thanks in advance and hope everyone is well xx

Re: Please can someone help...this is getting me down

hi matey, sorry i only just seen this thread, i cant help much i am afraid, but i would go back to docs and insist they look into this properly, i had to push when i went with my other half last week after gettin fobbed off all the time over his back etc.

u should not need to suffer like u r, the docs r terrible for just letting this go on, if you need to talk anymore hun i am here. hugs xx

Re: Please can someone help...this is getting me down

Hi,

I have IBS too, and from what I've read, IBS shouldn't wake you in the middle of the night. Once you're sleeping, it shouldn't be a problem really. Go back to the doctor, go to a different doctor if necessary, because bloating from IBS tends to be related to something you've eaten recently, not just randomly in the middle of the night, and I find it tends to start to get better after half an hour to an hour. Also, you should visit your doctor if you get a change in your usual IBS symptoms.

Don't just accept that it's IBS, insist on some more tests.

Thread Information