Thread: Acid reflux, heartburn, indigestion??

Acid reflux, heartburn, indigestion??

I haven't posted on here in quite a while as I haven't been doing too bad symptoms wise. However this I woke up in the early hours of this morning with really bad burning in my chest which I know is heartburn ( I very rarely suffer from this) anyway my question is, can this last all day, as I have still got it now. I have had gaviscon tablets and ibuprofen, but my eosphagus tube still feels really sore, and I can feel everything I swallow, sometimes it hurts. Has anybody else had this last all day long as I am getting quite worried about it now?

Re: Acid reflux, heartburn, indigestion??

If it's acid reflux then you'd be best getting something from the doctor to cut down the acid in your stomach. This is a simple capsule taken each day and can make a difference, especially if you're still feeling uncomfortable.
    Myra

If there's acid in your throat during your sleep, it can burn it, which causes a burning sensation which can last all day. I tend to get it in my throat more than chest pain. I used to feel sick a lot when I was anxious and like I couldn't swallow and was going to throw up, and this added to my feelings of panic. In February this year, during a Dr's appointment, I mentioned I'd slept really badly and woke up with my throat burning. The doctor said it sounded like night time reflux and prescribed me Lanzoprazole 15mg which made a difference but I've had to up it to 30mg. Ask your doctor about it, they're very widely prescribed and reduce the amount of acid your stomach produces. I take mine first thing in the morning, half an hour before eating. Also try to avoid eating soon before you go to bed or lying down after eating.

It's lansoprazole I take too and it does make a difference. There are loads of people who are on it so please ask the doctor.
    Myra x

I have this too, medication didn't work but I looked up natural remedies online and found that apple juice or apples really helps. Give it a try while you wait for your doctors appointment!

I also suffer with reflux and heartburn,there are lots of things you can take.I like myra take lansoprazole,and find this does help alot.Also dont take ibuprofen if you have acid as it causes acid to increase,and can aggrivate it

I find sometimes that drinking a small amount of skimmed milk can help. Also the last few days I've been surviving mostly off cooked apples and the juice from cooking them and it has helped the IBS and reflux because they were in a really bad state. Peel, core and chop apples and microwave them for a few minutes till they're soft.

Hi there. i see where your coming from i suffer with this too, even water caused it. I couldnt cope in the end so my doc prescribes me Omeprazole which i take every day, never suffered with it since...maybe that could be a route for you. I know that tomatoes, onions and pastries are a biggie for heartburn and acid indigestion.
    good luck xx

Hi
    I've had alot of reflux lately and it really gets on my nerves when its bad!
    I've had it it for days maybe even weeks at a time and i find both rennie and gaviscon ok for the short term but i like zantac the best as it's affects last longer for me!
    Tel

I've got this at the moment, think I'm stressing over Christmas too much.
    I have had omeprazole prescribed at the doctors but stupidly stopped taking them as it was better for a few months but now it's come back again so I'm going to take one everyday and then go to the doctors for some more after Christmas. I have just read about Apple cider vinegar being good for it so I'm going to try it cos I think I've got some in the cupboard. Apparently there are good acids and bad acids and Apple cider vinegar is one of the good ones.

Just found this link this morning, hope it helps as there are some home remedies to try.

http://www.homeremediesweb.com/acid_...ome_remedy.php

Thread Information