Thread: HA - Blood Test results worries

HA - Blood Test results worries

Hi - I have been to the docs today to find out some blood test results, I was refered as been having slight pins and needles in my toes and fingertips.

One of the tests I had to go in and discuss (they didn't call me in, didn't seem urgent) so I went in today and the Dr explained one of the tests came back positive for ANA Anti Nuclear Antibodies, she asked me to go to the hospital and get another blood test after Christmas to double check it. I'm also being tested for Rheumatism.

I have suffered with HA for a couple of years now and everytime I have a slight symptom I feel sick with worry.

I've never seen a therapist/counsellor as the doc hasn't suggested it and I don't like to ask but I think I need to get to the bottom of my HA so I don't always think the worst.

At the moment it doesn't feel like Christmas, I'm 25 and I love Christmas but I can't think of anyhting other than what this might be.

I would really appreciate if anyone has anything to say to calm my mind. At the moment I'm hanging on to the hope that as the Dr didn't call me in when the test results came back it can't be too serious?

I feel so sick with worry - please help xx

Re: HA - Blood Test results worries

Your raised ana levels don't have to be anything to worry about - what they are doing is double checking and doing further tests to rule out things like rheumatiod arthritis and lupus and things like that wich is what the futher blood tests will be. they have to rule these things out or they wouldn't be doing their job. Sometimes your levels can be raised slightly for all sorts of reasons that are not serious so don't worry until you need to easier said than done.

Try and enjoy christmas and put your worry on hold for one day and then let yourself worry after that.

I have discoid lupus -- not systemic. I just had another ANA test last week and won't know the results until the end of next month. Sometimes it comes out positive and sometimes negative. Don't panic. Even though yours is positive, it does not mean that you have anything serious. Honestly, mine has been positive and they found nothing wrong.

Hope this helps!

Got my second result back and it was clear - strange! I'm not worried anymore and the pins and needles has gone! Must've been the HA! If anyone knows the cure for that, let me know!

xx

Thread Information