Thread: Last week's holter report of mine

Last week's holter report of mine

Last week I had a holter monitor hooked up for the 4th time in 2 years. When everything started in last summer there was only fast beats with no pain. ECG and ECHO were just fine. Then started all weird sensations. Whatever you tell, I had them alli Buzzing, flutters, ectopics, tachycardia... all of them. Anyway off to the last report:

It shows I had 100 missed beats total, all of them except a few happened during my sleep. I say they happen always, including daytime but the report shows the opposite. I don't know the hospital runs an automated printout with certain settings so I would say it might be about the interval settings it's looking for between beats... Anyway the average HR=86 and average Night HR=60. these look really OK. But my pulse rises quite fast when I do physical work, sometimes even if I only move my leg or yawn and stretch my body. During night my pulse can drop down to 40 or 30's at some point.

So what the doctor told me is I have AV block. Not sure about it's type but she asked the doctor's opinion -who is in charge of doing the EPS- and he answered there is no need for that at this point. I do not have dizziness lately (well I got dizzy sometimes but I would relate it to anxiety all the time) or I never fainted in my life. So what I feared like many of you was if these any of these beats could be dangerous like stopping the heart or doing any other kind of damage. She answered not for now, then it would be worse so it would be obvious something is wrong. And I think that would be a higher degree AV block.

By the way I don't know if you also call it EPS in English as well but it is the study where they enter your veins through arm or another place and put a catether near your heart to monitor what's going on and see where the problem really is. So they said there is no need to do that for now. I can't decide if I should get happier or sad, I'm confused. Left side of my neck is kinda stiff for weeks and my left arm feels weak - can it be because I almost always sleep on my left side. Also I get stinging or stabbing pains or even sometimes squeezing in chest mostly left side.

There is another thing I wonder. Can someone have a heart problem and anxiety together? I mean I had all the symptoms of anxiety before, and took medication for anxiety for months, everything went away but now they say I have heart disease. But then again I believe anxiety wouldn't kick in and make those missed beats during sleep...

Re: Last week's holter report of mine

hi hon
    you are having a really hard time at the moment arnt you! i dont really know anything about your condition but the drs know exactly what they are doing. if there was any danger they would be doing those other tests. i know its hard but please try to relax and give yourself time to take in all this information the dr has given you. being an anxious person will mean that you are worrying more than you should. please take care.

andrea x x

Re: Last week's holter report of mine

Dude, I have Complete RBBB (Right Bundle Branch Block) & im fine. No medication or anything.

To be fair itsthe anxiety that causes all the issues in my opinion, well 90% of them.

Thread Information