Thread: horrible thought now im having anxiety attack!!!!!!!!!!

horrible thought now im having anxiety attack!!!!!!!!!!

please help was fine and happy having a good day went into kitchen it was a bit of a mess, then through my mind a brief oh what is the point in living went through my mind i then immediately freaked coz dont know where that came from legs wobbly feel physically sick dont feel depressed so why did i think like that im sooooo confused,my husband says everybody feels and thinks like that occasionally but heeeeelp.im scared

Re: horrible thought now im having anxiety attack!!!!!!!!!!

Julia,

I think these types of thought are perfectly natural- everyone gets them sometimes, as your hubby said. Maybe anxiety sufferers more often than others though. The bad feelings will pass, just hang on in there. And remember, a thought is just a thought- nothing more. You can choose whether to act on it...or not!

Best wishes.

From 'Desiderata,' Max Ehrmann

thank you i really need to here from others at the moment xx

Sweetpea is right - it's only a thought and we all have them. It's only when we are so anxious we hang on to our every thought and make a bigger deal of them!! !! When we are calmer we couldn't really give a damn what we think! Just let it go and don't give it the importance it doesn't deserve.
    Myra

this thought has totally knocked my confidence now and i keep thinking about it,my mind is so full and confused

I think it's one of the hardest things we have to deal with as humans. The two hardest, I think, are death and the meaning of life. What are we here for? You could spend the rest of your life trying to figure it out. There will be moments, great times with your friends and family or maybe just a beautiful sunset or a great film, book or piece of music, that makes you think "wow this is what being alive is all about". In between there will be stuff that gets you down, and there will be lots of pointless, tedious times, but I think life is about finding your own meaning from your experiences and the people around you.

Questioning the meaning of life and the point of living does NOT make you suicidal, merely a self-aware human

Hi Julia,I call these thoughts 'what-iffing?'.What if my panics get worse?What if I can't cope?What if I become suicidal? etc.It's quite natural for people in our circumstances to have these kinds of thoughts,and for our minds and bodies to react to them in an assortment of negative ways.I know oh so well the kind of moment you described,from being relatively happy to feeling like giving up.Could I ask if you're on any kind of medication right now?Because the right anti-depressant for you can even out these thoughts and help to stabilise mood swings.Also,I find this time of year can lend itself to thinking of our position in life and to worrying about the future.A new year can be a daunting prospect for some of us,all these feelings are normal even for non-sufferers....but are generally magnified for people with our problems.Please take care now and keep us posted,there are lots of people here who care.

Hugs,Fishy

Thread Information