Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: citalopram a good thing?

citalopram a good thing?

hello,
    i was just wondering if anyone has any good experiences with citalopram?
    by that i mean if anyone started this without any horrendous side effects, im due to start 20 mg tabs tommorrow, and i been looking at the previous threads on this, but everyone seems to have had really bad side effects at first, fair enough they pass but im really worried about the initial few weeks, im going to have to take them, cause i really would like to be able to get off the ceiling, but really dont think i can handle feeling any worse. the doctor has given me some diazepam, which usually knock me out, and im on beta blockers anyway, but will this help? any happy storys would be hugely appreciated. (you can lie to me if you have to only joking!)
    louise

Re: citalopram a good thing?

i have only been on citalopram for a few weeks, i haven't really suffered many side effects, apart from a really dry mouth, different people react differently to medication though. hope they work for you !

Hey!

I was on citalopram a few years ago, and had no side effects.

Hope that's reassuring.

Hi

I was on citalopram several years ago for a year and it did me the world of good.

I wouldnt be afraid to use it again.

Good luck and try not to fret.

thank you, think i just really needed to hear that not everyone gets the full list of horrible symptoms! now ive said that ill get every single one!!! ha ha

Hi,

In my own experience with Citalopram 20mg per night, i didn't really experience any bad side effects apart from nausea from morning till afternoon and palpitations which considering was the reason why i actually started to take Citalopram i wasn't pleased about.

You really have to weigh up the pro's and con's of this medicine, in my case i felt as though i needed to take it and after the first 2 weeks everything was fine and i actually began to feel not calm, but human and not anxious at all.

If you are concerned about this speak to your doctor for advice

I have been on Cit for 2 weeks and I have a very dry mouth and I have trouble sleeping at night. I try and take it in the morning when I wake up, does anyone maybe suggest that I try and take it before bed instead, will that help me sleep better? I also feel sick and heave a number of times during the day but nothing ever comes out.

I have just taken my first 10mg tablet tonight after weeks of debating it - im petrified of taking meds and have only ever stuck to taking any for a few days. I feel I must now realy try to make an effort to take them as I'm desperate to feel better. My doctor suggested I take them at night to avoid the anxiety of having to take it first thing in the morning - I know I would worry about "feeling strange" for the rest of the day! I'm sorry I cant offer you any advice yet as I am in the same boat but please dont hesitate to call on me if you need to, it will be good to share my experience also. Its been a couple of hours and as yet I feel ok so fingers crossed.xx

thank you people! GAD, good luck with your tabs, i chickened out today, but im going to start tommorrow morning! if u want to chat, you can pm me if you want, or post how your getting on, on here!
    thanks again to everyone who answered this!

I was on Citalopram 20 mgs for two and half years, and they were really helpful. I did not have any particular side effects, and these were certainly outweighed by the benefits. Was worried about coming off, but again did it gradually over a couple of months & did not have any problems. Good luck with yours, and really hope they work for you as they did for me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information