Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so so worried :(

so so worried :(

hi all i have been twitching since june last year i have been through various stages of worry about it nd some times it dosnt bother me at all. Well today i am going out of my mind with worry. My left knee cap is twitching almost constantly like every 30 secs so much so its hurting and the muscle in that leg feels sore. Im now convinced its the start of the wastage or ms & im so upset

Re: so so worried :(

Still benign imo, you've been twitching for so so long it can't be anything serious as you would for absolutely sure be presenting with other symptoms by now.

You DO NOT twitch for months on end and then waste away, them kind of diseases dont work like that - the twitching is SECONDARY to weakness, always you have a weakness either in a hand or foot and the twitching spreads from this point and spreads up an arm or leg, by which time you would definetely know you had a problem.

As for MS - it just doesn't represent with all over twitching and no other symptoms, it just doesn't work like that.

As you know, i twitch all over and i too have had the same fears, i twitch all the time, my fingers, my toes - literally from head to toe, i'm nearing the 4 month mark of twitching.

My calf has been twitching constantly for the last few days and is now tight and stiff - do i worry? Sure i do, but i do know that i twitch all over so it can't be anything serious.

I feel for you, i really do but i get the feeling you seem to ignore my posts

Anxiety or viral related twitches = the same thing = BFS

tash, try taking magnesium supplements if okay to do so with the doctor (in case they clash with any medication)

You need to be taking them daily for a while to start seeing any benefit.

hi tash, firstly gaz is right as you know i twitch alot also, and yesterday was a bad bad day for me twitching was really bad and just felt generally on edge, the kids were driving me mad and i could have just walked out and started a new life somewhere else, your twitching has to be benign it would not have stayed the same for so long and nothing else happened. I remember yours started about the same time as mine and its coming to the 1 year mark surely you would have had something significant happen by now if it were ms.
    hope you feel better soon xxx

gazman im not ignoring you honestly just when your in the grip of fear i just post again its so tough but i do appriciate all your comments xx

Thats ok, i can understand that.

Have you had a chat with your doc about the twitching? You could try magnesium supplements, i am going to try some, i would suggest magnesium orotate.

I've heard good things about this from many people that twitch, so i shall be ordering some and i shall let people know if it works.

Tash, I have been twitching for at least 7-8 years and that is how long i have been anxious for. The other night I was twitching like mad in the shoulders, but I have no weakness only percieved weakness and tiredness as well as worrying can do this. You need to really get a grip on this, because you will spiral out out of control. Listen to what people say and if you are not happy then go to the doctor to talk with them. I fully understand how you must feel, we have all been there at times, but you are ruining your life. This twitching does sound very normal, and yes i sometimes think oh and what if, but I too have had nothing major change and then I think perhaps it is just anxiety. Please,Please sort this out and try to enjoy your life, because i feel like i have wasted 7-8 years of mine.
    Big hugs to you. xx

Just wanted to say also that my post might have sounded harsh, but I hate to see people going through this and wasting precious life.

thanks all, i did take some magneisum before but didnt really see an improvement so stopped. i will speak to my midwife on tuesday & see if its safe to take as im pregnant. I know that lots of people get twitching its just when you add up all my other symptoms & google is screaming MS MS MS at me its gets to me. I have been on this site for 18 months now & i am 95% better than i used to be lol. My anxiety spiraled out of control when i was pregnant first time around so i am determined to not let that happen again! x

Then please try to relax and DON'T GOOGLE as we all know where it gets us, and when and if something goes wrong, deal with it then, but until then enjoy your life. Let it be a comfort that I have twitched for so long and nothing has happened to me, apart from other anxiety symptoms...
    And websites can blow symptoms out of proportion as you can twitch for numerous reasons that are benign even though they are frustrating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information