Thread: Just started taking Mirtazapine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just started taking Mirtazapine

Just started taking mirtazapine thought id post my experiances here so that it may help others ...

Day 1 - 30mg 10pm Slept VERY well (seemed to sedate me after 30mins), problems getting out of bed, nap at lunchtime. Spaced out completely until 7pm when i started to come round. Was unsure as to whether to take it again on day 2... Felt much worse (down) than before i started taking it.

Day 2 - 30mg 8.45pm Slept well, woke a few times in the night but Felt less groggy during the day, emotions and thoughts all over the place. Appetitite increased

Day 3 - 30mg 8.45pm (Ive decided to take it at this time every night) Still quite tired first thing and sleepy at lunchtime. Mood felt quite reflective but generally up and down.

Day 4 - 30mg 8.30pm - considering a glass of wine tonight, also considering altering the dose (the doc said to experiment!) ... probably not a great idea !

*Updated 13/01/10

Day 5 - 15mg 9.30pm - started to feel that 30mg was too much so decided to just take half tonight. Starting to feel more anxious during the day until about lunchtime when it subsides a little

Day 6 - 15mg 7.30pm - felt extremely anxious all day so decided to take them earlier in the evening - not sure they are having much of a sedative effect but am sleeping ok until the 5/6am ish.

Day 7 - 15mg 10.00pm - Really thought i didnt want to take them anymore as anxiety levels really high from 5am - 5pm which im was convinced was down to the medication. Seemed a little calmer in the evening but wondering whether these are really for me. Started feeling i shouldnt have gone down the medication route...

Day 8 - 15mg 8.30pm Slept better, anxiety levels felt more manageable although quite high in the morning

thats all for now... will update again soon

Pacman
    Last edited by pacman; 13-01-10 at 21:10. Reason: daily updates

Thread Information