Thread: anxiety and pregnant(please help)

anxiety and pregnant(please help)

Hi there ive been suffering from terrible anxiety for years and it started to wear off a while back.Im 13+3 pregnant and i had an hospital appointment on tuesday for my first scan,well the night before i couldnt sleep and the morning of the hospital i felt ill total anxiety panic.Anyway i managed to get there only to be told i have high blood pressure! the scan went well but the news about the blood pressure sent me into a total panic and fear.Now i have to have another scan in two weeks time and i am dreading the thought of hospitals now! has anyone else been like this and also is there a safe drug to take that dosent harm baby to take.Does anxiety cause high blood pressure cos when the midwife came out to me two days after to take it again all was fine!

please help and loads of advice needed xx

Hi Kim,

When I was pregnant with my second child, my blood pressure was high throughout but became dangerously so in the last few weeks.

I was in hospital for a few days for it to be monitored but it didn't really return to normal until after the birth.

If your blood pressure rises to an unacceptable level, there are med's they will give you to bring it down. These must be ok for baby as this is the course of action that would have been carried out with me if it had risen any higher.

Try and rest as much as possible and try to get in some good sessions of relaxation.

Let us know how it goes.

Kate

*Does anxiety cause high blood pressure*

Yes it certainly does.

I strongly suggest you take up yoga/mediatation to help control this.

Also get readings done at GPs as you are probably fine when you are not at the hospital but its is important to have a good record of what it is later on in your pregnancy

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Many thanks for your replies ladies.If anyone has had children while suffering from anxiety i would love to hear from you aswell.

x

hi,

i started to get panic attacks and depression while i was pregnant when i gave birth the anxiety got worse i have had a really awful time but i am hoping to get better.

I also developed depression and anxiety when I had my first child. You'll be surprised how much comfort having the little one can bring sometimes - notice I say sometimes. *smiles*. Clare x

*I think, therefore I am.*

Thread Information