Thread: Pain in ribs left side, spleen problem?

Pain in ribs left side, spleen problem?

Hi everyone, i've been having pain in my left side in lower ribs area, the last week & a half. I've also had a bad sore throat, mild fever, headaches & yellow phlegm. the doc says I've got the flu but i forgot to tell her about the pain.

She felt my tummy last week & said the spleen feels normal but i saw her again today for a relapse of sore throat & forgot to tell her i still have tenderness at the ribs area on the left. the pain is mild & comes & goes but when i press the ribs area, then it hurts more.

I'm getting really anx now that my spleen could be ruptured. Is this possible? Does anyone know anything about this? Pls help before i get a panic attack.
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

Re: Pain in ribs left side, spleen problem?

Hi mom,i don't think your spleen is ruptured,it sounds like you may have sore ribs from coughing to much.If the doc has checked you out and you are fine,try not to worry,i have had the flu too,with the same symptoms and having bad anxiety,i thought i was dying of lung cancer.So you have someone out there the same ...........you will be ok.
    Rhonda

Re: Pain in ribs left side, spleen problem?

hi mum1982

i have been having loads of aches and pains recently. headaches included i think its just flu. if the phlegm is yellow could it be a chest infection... that would explain the pains aswell... also you could very well have pulled a muscle or something whilst coughing or sneezing.... i sneezed once last year and put my back out... i was off work for a fortnight....

try to remind yourself that we all get aches and pains but because of our anxiety we focus on negetive thoughts. you are just feeling like this because you are anxious about your health...

i know its hard... i get really anxious about all this stuff but i am sure you will be fine...

take care

andrea x x

Thread Information