Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pain in right side of chest and back ???

Unhappy pain in right side of chest and back ???

hi i am a worryer and i do suffer with aniexty and im on depression tablets fo that aswell but 2 days before xmas i fell ill and had a sour troat couldnt talk ended up with a very bad chesty cough which i was spitting up pour green flem i went to emergency docs and 2wks later as the chest pain and the pain in my bac was getting quite sharp and me like i am started to worry is there anything more goin on in there.
    well i was prescribed with penacillin for a chest infection, my cough started to go and the flem went clear but now just 5 days after finishing the antibiotics i feel chesty spitting up thick clear or milky flem got a little cough got pain in right side of my chest and right side of bac which feels like lung area and now im worrying more thinking couldf this be lung cancer im getting myself in such a worry its interferring with my breathing aswell as i feel as tough i aint breathin properly, i went to chemist other day he said give it a few more days and flem should go on its own accord but am i worrying over nothing or is there something wrong if i read up on net ive got everyting and i aint going to docs saying ive read as i dont like going to doctors as i feel like a hypercondriact at times

Re: pain in right side of chest and back ???

ask the doc for a chest xray. that will show the condition of the chest infection. i'm sure you don't have lung cancer, just bad chest infection. i'm sick too. fever, yellow phlegm, bad sore throat & pain my ribs. i'm worrying about other possibilities but cancer doesn't cross my mind. Everyone seems sick these days, i know the anx makes us more prone to colds & flus. i am going to strart my 2nd course of antibiotics soon. sometimes the first course isn't strong enough & you need to take another, perfectly normal. my throat was back to normal after the first course but then suddenly got bad again & fever back so yours sound normal too.
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

im experiencing this at the moment. apart from im not coughing anything up. the doc said chest infection and the antibiotics did stop me wheezing at night but it came back, so she give me some kind of steroid for inflammation. that was a week ago and its back again. im also worried sick. i can feel how irritated my chest is on the right side now. when i told the doc she just said ''i have no idea''.

i'm still sick after 2 weeks, my antibiotics has already finished 2 days ago. i'm really worried too. i keep coughing white phelgm. On thurs my doc said my chest sounds clear.

Is your doc going to do anything more for you, besides having no idea?
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

i certainly hope so. i had my first pa this morning for ages thinking about it. im convinced its something terrible. it crackles when i breath in and out on a night and i am so short of breath. im so scared. please let me know if you find out x

booked in for thursday night..they have nothing after 6 til then :( im so worried , i thought it might of been bad acid reflux but im taking the omeprazone (? spelling) and it hasnt done anything. tried antibiotics, tried steroids... surely there cant be much left... im so tired of it all. it was made worse with wine, the one little pleasure i get on a weekend and it looks like il have to cut that out.

do you have asthma?

I sound like i'm wheezing too but when i take a deep breathe it feels clear. just lots of phlegm in my throat, not chest & sore throat, i keep coughing.

I am not seeing my doc again, i think it's something normal that's made worse by anxiety. I still sit at home worrying everytime that it's something serious but i also know it's anx making me feel this way.

the only thing i can think of that you have is a bad chest infection that needs antibiotics or a bad virus that will take time to go off on it's own. a chest xray will show how bad/gd it is.

what colour is your phlegm?
    - - -
    - - -

there is no phlem. it is just tight, wheezy, crackly and feels raw all the way down my throat and chest. i did have asthma when i was a baby . the funny thing is i stopped smoking 3-4 months ago and have had problems since. i never had a bad chest/throat whilst i was smoking. (not that il start again!!).

insist on a chest xray to put your mind at ease.
    - - -
    - - -

i managed to get in tonight and she has given me a blue and brown inhalor and said my right lung is wheezy and to get in for a chest xray. im just kind of numb to be honest im just thinking lung cancer. she seemed pretty concerned how long it had been going on for after all the antibiotics and steroids and how it was just in right side. i feel sick .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information