Thread: Chemical imbalances

Chemical imbalances

Just wondering, if Aropax and other anti-depressants work by fixing a chemical imbalance in the brain, how can we ever stop taking them? Won't the chemical imbalance cause problems again once the medication is out of my system? Cheers!

"This too, shall pass"

Hi michelle thats a realy good point. I have often thought the same, but none seems to have the real answer? Yet it seems strange becouse I have suffered on and off for many years and seem to get bettter in between whether on med or not have tried both ways. take care, Vernon

I am coming off medication at the moment, and changing my diet. Eating more oily fish, Turkey ( for the Seritoin) fruit and mixture of nuts. Less tea and anything sweet, which I like, but it makes my anxiety worse. And fruit which I have anyway. So I am hoping this will help sort out any imbalance when I completely come off the mediciation, and keep thing on an even keel. I am really begining to believe that some anxiety is deffinately down to diet.

Jenny xx

J. Farmer

It is now proven that changing your mood and thoughts changes the real chemical state of the brain too so you can maintain the better chemical pattern post meds.

Yes I agree Jenny , diet is far more crucial than most people credit it with.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

That's really good news Meg...I've been taking aropax on and off for about 8 years now and would like to stop altogether. Like you Jenny, I've found that a healthy diet is a great help, as is exercise. I've read about Magnesium in the natural remedies section and I'm going to give that a go too! Unfortunatly I can't have fish as I'm a veggie, but I'll have to look up other natural sources of serotonin. Thanks guys!

"This too, shall pass"

Michelle

Flax oil is comparable in efficacy as fish oils

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thread Information