Thread: I'm SO exhausted - mentally & physically.

I'm SO exhausted - mentally & physically.

Hi, I'm getting better (I think) from my bout of anxiety, but I am so exhausted. I haven't been sleeping or eating well for a few weeks, but I am now sleeping better, thanks to Quiet Life tabs and I think my appetite is coming back. But I am still having terrible dizziness and general weakness. What can help? A homeopathic doc has recommended Kalis Phos tissue salts for nervous exhaustion. Has anyone tried these? or can you recommend something else?
    I am taking Quiet Life, Aconite, Multi vitamins, glucosimine (for joints) and evening primrose, I hate taking so many tabs, but I guess they are only herbal so they won't hurt.
    I think all that is worrying me now is that I want to do things but haven't got the bl***y energy to do it, I don't want to sit around all day. Also when I have the dizziness I worry that I have a brain tumor or ME, does anyone else have these thoughts? I am waiting to see a neurologist (but the waiting list is 10 weeks) how can I stop those thoughts?
    Please reply.
    Love
    Nicki

Hi Nicki,

I know how you're feeling. Anxiety can leave you feeling quite exhausted but it sounds like you're trying to help yourself alot.
    It's horrible waiting for hospital appointments, often the worst part I find.
    There's no easy answer to that, that I know of, just try and distract yourself and think positive (easier said than done). Dizzyness is very common in anxiety and very unlikely to be anything like a brain tumour.
    I actually have ME and I get lightheaded at times from tiredness but most of the time if I get dizzy it's from anxiety not ME.
    Anyway good luck,
    Lisa

I don't see any Multi Vit B which is the main vitamin supporting the nervous system.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Nicki,

Your feelings are very familiar to many of us.

I too get tired easily and fatigue is a common symptom - dizziness is too, yet I seem to have escaped this one for some strange reason.

Sure, you don't want to sit at home doing not a lot, and so you should distract yourself and be active. Perhaps some kind of therapeutic activity, such as art work or helping people. Taking regular exercise, maybe a brisk walk will do you good too.

What is the situation with the Police application? Is that uncertainty and leaving the other job that is getting you down??

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi Nicki,

I'm just getting over a big panic too and have been feeling dizzy on and off for nearly 3 weeks (all the time for 2 weeks then on and off). Now as I write i'm dizzy although walking is the worst thing. I have just the same fears as you about dizziness (brain tumour, ME, MS...) but i know (and keep repeating to myself...) that panic and harmless middle ear problems are the normal reason for dizziness and both will go over time. Still it can be hard to relax with that dizzy feeling. I've actually checked in books about the symptoms of all those scary illnesses and dizziness would be a very very unusual symptom.

I could hardly eat for a week so now I cook a proper meal every evening (my husband can't believe his luck) and feel better for it. Listening to Bach is also comforting, they have lots of it on radio 3 just now for Christmas.

I hope you are feeling better even now. It seems to me that getting over a panic is one of those 3 steps forward one step back things. Look after yourself and give yourself time.

Love

Bluevin

Thanks for all your replys.
    It helps to know that someone has researched the symptoms.
    Re police app, I failed my physical (my heart rate was too high), probably because of my nerves, but I have got two more trys at it.
    I think the worry of that and leaving my crap job had taken it's toll. But I feel I am on the up!
    Have a very merry christmas all of you.
    Love
    Nicki

[8D]

Thread Information