Thread: For those of you that have breathing issues with your HA

For those of you that have breathing issues with your HA

What do they feel like? Do you feel breathless or what is it? Can you describe it to me please?
    ''I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me''
    ~Dr Seuss~

Re: For those of you that have breathing issues with your HA

Anyone?
    ''I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me''
    ~Dr Seuss~

Am I the only one who has breathing problems?
    ~Dr Seuss~

No, I get it too. I get a feeling that I can't breathe right, like my chest is tight and I'm breathing through a straw. Or at times I gasp as I think that I can't breathe at all. Feels like a pressure on my lungs sometimes, which usually leads me to overbreathe which makes me dizzy and then anxiety is at it's worst. It's horrible.

Hi, this was one of the first forms of anxiety that i got when i was 14 and i have had it on and off for the last 15yrs. For me it can be different at times. Sometimes i can have it for a weeks solid, its like im breathing in a bag....like there is hardly any air going in my lungs and my chest is tight and my throat feels swollen. Other times its like i cant take a deep breath and really feel like i need to, or sometimes its like im panting slightly as if ive done some light exercise but i have not. My old counseler told me to wear a elastic band on my wrist and when i started feeling it coming on strong to pull the elastic....sometimes it works aometimes it dont,lol. Hope i have been able to help you hun xx

THank you both so much for answering.

My breathing feels like my chest is being squashed, or like my asthma without the wheeze - but I wasn't sure if this was anxiety breathing.
    ~Dr Seuss~

I frequently feel like I can't get enough air and that someone is sitting on my chest or back. Most of the time I can rationalize this to tight muscles from HA but far too often I am convinced it is a tumor or something else.

Try and breathe normally, in a pattern, in and out same amount every time, if you start to feel your arms get tingly or numb, take smaller breathes, only breathe in a bit. I don't suggest going really slow that never helped me calm down at all, it just made me more nervous, instead just do smaller breathes. Each breath should last 10 seconds, 2.5 seconds exhale, 2.5 second inhale and 5 seconds for holding your breath. Try and stick to that and just do SMALL breathes don't breathe in a lot it will just make it worse. This is just what works for me, I might be completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaAU View Post
    THank you both so much for answering.

My breathing feels like my chest is being squashed, or like my asthma without the wheeze - but I wasn't sure if this was anxiety breathing.
    Yeah it seems to be anxiety. Mine got so bad that I genuinely believed I was having an asthma attack!!! It's one of the worst symptoms with anxiety for me. I try to distract myself now when it happens, it works, but not everytime.

x

I having a bit of breathing problem at the moment, and I frecking hate it.

For me I get pains in my back and sides which makes me conscious of my breathing. I feel like someone is pressing my sides really hard which stops me from taking a normal breath.

Thread Information