Thread: Back to blood clots and head pains

Back to blood clots and head pains

Hi again everyone,

I decided to make more of an effort to be active today to release natural 'happy chemicals' and to try to alleviate my health issues.

Did a lot of walking with my daughter in her pram - about an hour and a half maybe. Then a short walk after tea. Then about 45 minuted of Davina Fit dvd (really enjoyed it).

However all of this was overshadowed by the shooting pains in my head and mild dizziness. It felt like I was being stabbed or the area felt like it was throbbing. Also had similar in my neck. Still feel slightly shaky and built up from the exercise but with tingling and pains in my head. Of course I think they are blood clots and am really working myself up :(

Re: Back to blood clots and head pains

Hi ! That puts my physical activity levels to shame lol. Good on you for being proactive, mind, you'll be exhausted tonight. Where do you get the shooting pains in your head and neck ?

On each side towards the top. My neck crunches a lot when I move it from side to side and I tend to hunch my shoulders up when stressed. It varies from a tingling feeling to a sharp pain. My neck tends to be along where my pulse is.

When I get stressed the pain centralises between my eyes and slightly above as I start panicking - because obviously the pressure feeling means there is a clot and in a dramatic fashion the end is nigh. I can joke about it to others but scares me rigid. I'm waffling now and will stop...

All sounds like tension pains then really, which can be very sharp and intense or achey and pressurey (is that a word ?). As I'm sure you know holding facial and neck muscles in a tense way can produce quite an assortment of pains in the immediate area, but also referred from another area. Most of the time you may not even be aware that your muscles are clenched and only when you get the pain you realise. For example, I know that if I clench my jaw for a long period of time I get sharp shooting pains and tingling across my forehead, but only after I stop clenching my jaw.

There are so many neck and facial muscles that you can effect from being tense and anxious and the referred pain can even be at the back of the head !!! If you had blood clots you would not be able to do all that activity you've done today and there would be a much much larger list of sinister symptoms that would have developed, and not the things you are describing.

That's almost 3 hours of exercise... Personally I would be in a world of pain after even half of that

Hi there, I really do agree that its most likely just tension pains. Ive been stressed out with uni the past couple weeks and Ive had terrible throbbing pains and shooting pains in my head and I know its just because Ive been really tense. But Good on you for getting up and about and doing those exercises! Davina's work outs are great arent they! Hopefully you will feel better soon

xxx
    xx
    x

Thread Information