Thread: Im so sick of this..

Im so sick of this..

Well, Im on Zoloft now, I've been on it for about 3 weeks. I haven't seen much of a change, but I have had terrible Headaches and ear pain since I started this, plus I have tons of suicidal thoughts racing through my head, as well as just plain evil thoughts. Im so scared and confused. The panic attacks are now rare for me, but the anxiety and depression is still there, and im getting to a boiling point both pysicaly and mentaly. Im just wondering if anyone could possibly shead some light on my situation. Like how long it took for there anti-depressents to work or something. I just want to die. [V][V]

hi, JTR
    I also don't have panic attacks anymore, i am only abit anxious during the day and palpitation or basically just hard to fall sleep at night. A month ago when i just had my first Panic attack I was at my worst moment in life, I nearly cried in front my of family members. But I didn't, I told myself, doesn't matter how tough or hard it is, how bad it feels, i still have to get through this, life is precious, i will never throw it away easily. I thought about suicide, but suicide is too easy, what good does it bring? what if i feel better tomorrow? what will happen to people who loves me so much? I am not saying you should live for others, but there are so much more to live. Things always get better, believe me, after a week of struggle with sleepless nights I actually feel alot better. and so will you. It might take longer for different people, but good days will come. In my bad days, I try to find something to do, to entertain myself and distract myself from the anxiety. Anyways, stay live, be strong.~~~ remember, we are alot luckier than people with worse illnesses, and everything will get better as bad days passes by.

-Eric

Hi JTR

I'm no expert and haven't used anti-depressants myself but I do know other people who have felt like you do when they have taken them. Please do not feel that the way you feel is permanent IT IS NOT. Although it may be hard to imagine you CAN FEEL BETTER. A lot of medication can induce this sort of anxiety and depression and some of my friends have stuck with the tablets and some changed them. Either way they felt better!

I have had suicidal thoughts in the past but have come a long way from there and am able to enjoy my life again. This is a terrible time of year for many of us - don't let the b**t*rds grind you down - hang in there and believe there is so much more to come and some of it will be fantastic!!

I know you probably can't get to your doctor today but you just have to treat the way you feel and think like you would the flu - take care of yourself and sit it out - go back and discuss the medication as soon as possible.

Good luck and a big hug xxxx

fee
    xx

Hi there,

I can't comment on the tablets as I don't know much about them but I totally agree with Fee that this is a temporary situation, pills or no pills!!!!

Hopefully someone will reply with a bit more knowledge on the subject - so you just hang on in there.

Love Piglet xx

Hi JTR

Sorry you are struggling and feeling so low right now. It can take some weeks for the antidepressants to produce any benefits. However, if you are feeling worse and experiencing suicidal thoughts since taking the medication, it would be worth discussing this with your doctor.

It is usual for doctors to want to give the medication at least 6 weeks before deciding it is ineffective.

Remember that these thoughts are just thoughts and therefore you don't need to act on them. Try to distract yourself by doing something else - plan an activity, get out for a walk, talk to someone. Creative activities are good too. The thoughts can and do pass.

When feeling low it becomes very difficult to think clearly about things and you cannot therefore rely on these irrational and negative thoughts. These will pass as you become better at changing these to rational thoughts.

Hang on in there. We're here for you.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

JTR

Unfortunately it is very common to feel worse and out of control when first starting on a new SSRI. It can take 4- 6 weeks to kick in when you will feel hopefully a great improvement.

These current feeling is temporary and a false one. If it is really unputupwithable you can discuss with your doctor to reduce your dose and start on less for a few weeks then increase to a therapeutic dose.

Hang in there it does pass.Come bellow at us if you need to meanwhile

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thread Information