Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New User - Pressure in head

yeah, i know its just my muscles all tensed up, my head doesnt feel nearly as bad today as it did yesterday, think i might shower and see if that helps.

Thanks for the advice =)

Hi there, sorry to hear about your head pain, but please be reassured I've been experiencing the very same symptoms for the past 4 years off and on (I prefer off ) and it is Definately tension headache - they are terrible things. Have you thought about seeing a physio? They can give you great exercises and look at things like your posture etc. Another thing I find helps is applying a wheat bag that you heat in the microwave to my neck or head...the bag moulds to fit the area on which it is placed which really helps! Good luck

"This too, shall pass"

Hey guys, just thought id update you. The same night that i had the pins and needles in my back, i went to bed then woke up 15 mins later with a numb arm, i waited for about 2 and a half hours in case i had just lay on it and hoped it would go away, but it didnt. I got worried and phoned NHS 24 who said i should see someone, so they sent out patient transport at 4am to take me to the nearest medical centre. After waiting for about 2 hours, a really friendly doctor checked me over and said the usual (no sign of build up of pressure in head etc) and then diagnosed me with a trapped nerve in my neck. I went to see my proper doctor the next morning and he said almost the same thing. The reason my arm was numb was because the pain can 'travel' down into your arm and up into your head, causing a double or one sided headache. So no I'm not worried so much, although sometimes I still think the worst! Thanks for all your help over the last few days, and hope you all had a great xmas!

Thanks for letting us know how you are and glad it was not what you had been imagining.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Im really pleased you have managed to talk to somebody and they have helped ease your mind. Happy new year

Hey guys, feeling really low tonight. My head is still the same as it was, feels like it is full of cotton wool, and i get slight pains here and there on my head. Been to the docs again since and he still says its something to do with my neck, but i'm still having trouble believing him because i can't really feel any pain in my neck at all! I know its stupid not believing someone who studied for years to become a doctor, and it's even stupider to still be worrying when i've seen 3 DIFFERENT doctors, but I still have trouble feeling better:( I've been on the couch for the last week from about 4pm onwards because i feel like i have absolutely no energy and that my body is just going to shut down. I also get palpitations when i lie down some nights, and feel like im out of breath. When i do neck excersises like the doctor advised, i hear creaking and clicking sounds that seem to come from the back of my head. I also had a horrible dream that my head was in a lot of pain and i fell to the ground and couldn't move because of it, and then i woke up with a sore head. I was gonna go to the docs again tomorrow, then i realised it was a saturday, and they aren't open. Damn. Anyone got any advice or reassurance? Sorry for such a long-winded post, i just wanted to get it all off my mind.

Ross ,

If your doctor thinks its neck related you may want to visit a chiropractor/ osteopath who are very good with back , neck stuff.

I feel a gravel noise in the back of my head/ neck too, its usual.

When you're on the couch do watch how you're lying. I often catch my partner having 40 winks in the most uncomfortable position out - ok for watching TV but not ok for sleeping and the next day he suffers terribly with neck/head ache.

You need to be well supported and ideally in a straight line from back to head.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Re: New User - Pressure in head

Hey! I get that same weird feeling of pressure at the top of my head when I sit at the computer for too long. It must be to do bad posture. I have been trying to stand up straighter and not be at the computer as long. I'm a video editor so that is hard. I think your problem must be due to poor posture as well and maybe you should try some yoga or go to a chiropractor.

I've been going through something really similar right now, too. I'vebeen through swings of this before, though never quite like this. It really sounds like tension... I only wish I had the magic cure; I'd pass it along!

Hi Im new to this site, and ive found a few others too. OK, ive read a lot about putting these sympoms down to anxiety and such, and some peeps have added problems too, which leads away from the main issues here.

I notice on this site they have added this item as a new area ... so lets not beat around the bush, nobody seems to know what diagnosis to give, or what cure is available, or what truly causes these symptoms, but one thing is for sure, I am not imagining my symptoms which i have had now for 4 months.

Pressure in the sides and back of head, buzzing til it drives you mad, blowing down my nose to pop my ears, gives small relief, but Im now experiencing what i can only describe as nerve end pain in my head. If I scratch my head its like an electric shock which leads me to believe this is a neurological problem. So come on theres got to be some professional out there that can tell me this is something other than anxiety, cos im the most chilled out person I know.

I have had all the MRI craneal, neck, back scans. Had all the ENT tests done for compact sinuses and such. All clear! Heart functions normal, blood pressure a lil up and down but nothing out of ordinary.

So where do I go now? Please dont tell me to take tranquilisers, pain killers, eat more fruit, watch for any allergies to other food, cos this is just a cop out.

Somebody out there has got to come up with some answers surely, and if this is something new, then I suggest some health body should be taking our symptoms more seriously.

Be glad to receive your comments.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information