Thread: HIV?

HIV?

Is there anyone else that worries that they might get AIDS even when logically they know that they cannot? I used to worry about that a lot a couple of years ago. Like for example if I was at a party and had to use a public WC, I would start thinking that I might get AIDS or another terrible illness, or if somebody that I didn't know well drank from my bottle of water, or if I touched something dirty. Is that health anxiety, or OCD, or?

Lotus , that letting your wildest negative imagination get the better of your rational mind. Its easy to get in that habit so you need to practice keeping to the facts on such points and NOT allowing any of the other points to get any of your thinking time

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

I also have had strange thoughts like that. When I was pregnant, I needed to get an HIV test... its just routine. I KNEW logically there was no way I could possibly have it... But still I kept thinking I would be that fluke case that got it from shaking hands with someone or something... I dont think there is anything majorly wrong with those thoughts... I agree with Meg in that its just our imaginations going wild... I do also think that it is common for people with anxiety to believe that they will be that weird fluke case. I dont think it is indicative of OCD because it does not sound like you spend much time thinking/ preventing it from happening. I think a person with real ocd would never go out for fear of getting hiv, or wash their hands every five minutes.

hi ther lotus,no love im not scared of that but every other horrid disease i am,im trying to keep my mind on other things and try ignore the feeling this normally helps,good luck to you

p appleyard

Hi Lotus,

No im the same as Polly, I worry about all other illnesses, especially cancer. Its not nice I know and im struggling at the moment, but it is best to try and think of positive things

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

I have been down that road at one time as well!!!!I went threw three months of suffering thinking i had hiv because of my x wife cheating on me!!!I was very scared to take the test!!Knowing i had it and living like i had it as well with not even having the test!!Even a few months ago i thought i had it lol its pretty crazy how are mind does things to us and its all that neg thinking but back in 1996 it took my docs three months to talk me into taking the test because i was so scared it was going to come out pos because of my x wife cheating on me so i did take the test and it was neg and after all that suffering for three months i told my self why did i do that to my self!!Even with my new wife i have today i made her have three tests done before i would do anything with her i just very happy that she puts up with me....lol see just a few months ago i though i might have had again thinking there must have been somthing wrong with the test they did back in 1996 so i walked down that same road again thinking i had it and gave it to my new wife!!Because she had gotten trush on her tongue!!!So back in may i got tested again for hiv and hep a-b-c thinking i had to have one of them but as well all neg again see i think that is where axiety and are guilt for some reason kicks in..

Hi

Health anxieties normally mean you worry about the most irratational diseases you can imagine. I was once told to follow your instincts and god do I do that. I imagine the most awful cases of heart, lung and any other disease imaginable. I sometime get so bad I have to get the doctor to give me a once over just to make sure my bloody heart is still beating

So dont worry these fears although totally irrational can affect many people

Take care

Sue with 5

scknight

Hi all,
    Yes I do have a fear of HIV which is mainly which was one of the main causes and the start.
    It was because I was in a cleaning job and wiped some red of a mirror.
    Was then I saw a lady who has HIV and my mind just went into overdrive,was it blood and who's.
    And from then on I have had it in the back of my mind.

Tall dark and mysterious was his name,
    magic love and money was his game.

Beauty is a real thing, not just a reflection in the mirror

Thread Information