Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So scared got chest Xray results

So scared got chest Xray results

Just phoned for my chest xray results and I have been told that I have to make an appintment to see a doctor.

I'm so scared, I'm in pieces, crying my eyes out. I have lung cancer I just know it...I can't do this, I don't know what to do...

Re: So scared got chest Xray results

Try and relax, this happened to me a few months ago and I worried myself silly like you, I was crying thinking he was going to tell me the worst. But in the end, all he wanted was to tell me the results face to face and ask me how I was feeling now. Please try not to worry.

xxx

Thanks, but I'm just so scared...

hey Mondie, i had a chest x ray a few weeks ago, he didnt tell me anything, told me it would be at the doctors in one week, so i called and had to demand to speak to a doctor as they said i would have to make a appointment, so i said to the recep then and there now you have made me nervous i need to speak to a doctor, what was the chest x ray for ??? xx mine was for costichondrol joint syndrome xxxxxxxx and how old are you etc etc.................... receptionist dont realise how important it is that we need to know straight away, id suggest call the doctors back and say you want to speak to a doctor , they are there to help you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mondie View Post
    Thanks, but I'm just so scared...
    I know you are hun, i was too. I almost burst into tears when I was asked to come down. Kept saying to my boyfriend 'Thats it, I have cancer, my days are numbered...' but it turned out fine, just like it will for you. Please, I know it's really hard but try and relax, read a book, have a bath, watch a funny movie anything to take your mid off it.

x

Just phoned up and a duty doctor is calling me back this afternoon - thanks for the advice.

I feel so sick and scared, I'm getting married in April and have all sort of plans for our future and now I can't see past the end of the day.

Nooooooooooooo, dont be silly, they need to understand that when they ask us to make a app for tests results that seriously stress's us out, its horrid, youll be fine, xxx im sure, if only i could take my own advice, can i ask what the x ray was for ??? you WILL still be getting married in april silly xxxxx
    i believed i had lung cancer, was worried sick i even looked at the chest x ray after the guy did to see what my non medical eyes could work out, and then went home and googled pictures of healthy x rays lol, crazy haha xxxx
    and all was fine, hey i think i have a brain tumour instead of a inner ear infection....... so im currently banned from DR GOOGLE haha xxxxx
    much love xxx

The doctor just called and my x-ray is fine!!!!!!!! Why on earth did the receptionist say that I had to see a doctor. Do they not realise the fear they can put into people?

He said the reason that they asked me to come back in was to see what else they could do for my back/chest/shoulder blade pain...

Feel so much better (but furious at the receptionist) THANK YOU so much Carly & Ella for taking the time out to chat to me. You were a big help and I am so grateful, I love this forum

Excellent. That's great news.

You are right though. Why couldn't she just tell you over the phone or that ?

Dreadful making you wait like that. It's the same all the time.

Happy for you though. That's a good thing.

Yay !!! you see teehee xxxx all is fine xxxx
    i now have to get myself in the right frame of mind to tell myself i have no brain tumour or any type of cancer, i just have a viral ear infection !!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information