Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding after smear test

Bleeding after smear test

Today i had my smear test done and the nurse said that it caused some bleeding but now im worried like crazy that the bleeding indicates that something is wrong ... i have to wait 3 weeks for the results now and im so worried as i didnt have any bleeding last time i had a smear test done...

The nurse said the bleeding is not unusuall after a smear test but somehow i cant stop worrying and think that its only a sign that something is wrong

I feel tempted to google it but im also scared of what it will say

Did anyone else had had bleeding after a smear and everything was fine?

Re: Bleeding after smear test

As a man, i can't say i've experienced that but i thought i'd pop on here to say....

DON'T GOOGLE IT! You'll regret it!

You know you'll only find the bad stuff and completely gloss over all the good bits!

As far as i am aware (talking to my wife about it in the past) they scrape you to take the sample. I'm pretty sure she experienced the same thing. That may cause a little bleeding. Imagine catching the lining of your nostril and suddenly you have a nosebleed... well, i would think it is the same kind of thing. Lady parts are very sensitive and have lots of blood vessels close to the (very thin) surface.

I am quietly confident that you are experiencing a completely normal reaction. You'll be totally fine!

im really trying not to google it as everytime i did in the past the worsest of diagnoses possible came up and it just made me worse...

I really hope the bleeding is like u say from the scraping and that maybe a little blood vessel just got damaged ... but the horrible thoughts are just pushing themselves onto me

I am assuming that it is small amounts of blood? Even if you had a LOT of blood it would only be concerning as it would probably mean they may have damaged something whilst taking the sample. As long as it is not gushing like a monty python sketch then I really wouldn't fret!

To be fair it sounds (to me at least) like you are more concerned about your results than the bleeding and you are just using the bleeding as a diversionary tactic to avoid worrying about the result. Again, don't let it get to you. Your results will be fine too.

Tell ya what... here... have a hug! It's free!

yes, its only a small amount of blood...

hehe, thanks for the hug and i feel a little bit more relaxed now and can hopefully get some sleep

BTW... go to bed and get some sleep. You'll feel easier about it in the morning after some rest. It's where i'm going now! I'll catch up with you tomorrow! Night. zzzzz

Hi

When i had my last smear test i did bleed afterwards. I had never bled before on a smear and i was worried to

However the nurse assured me it was quite normal for some women to bleed after and im please to say my smear result came back normal

love mandie x

Hi BlueWater, no - you really don't need to worry.

I've had this before. The doctor said that for me, it was because I have a slight cervical erosion, which sounds very scary but is very common - especially if you are taking birth control pills.

Take care hon x

i always bleed after a smear - i have to have them every year as well. The nurse says it is because i get myself all worked up about it.

I always bleed after a smear too. It is quite common and nothing to be alarmed about...don't worry

Veronicax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information