Thread: my mum had a perculiar dream....

my mum had a perculiar dream....

Last night my mum had the most perculiar dream and i wondered if anyone could help me in trying to figure it out for us.

The dream begins with a forest, and me and my mum are arrive there in the car, and my mum asks whether i'd like come with her for a walk in there...i say yes...

So we're walking through the forest and out of nowhere, a long-forgotten friend appears from somewhere in the forest. It is at this point, that i disappear, leaving just my mum and her long forgotten friend. This is the last time i am seen within this dream.

A few days later, i'm still nowhere to be found....and she is shouting for me..... once again out of nowhere....a small man with a grey beard appears....and my mum asks "i can't find my son...he's just disappeared". The man asks "how long was it since you last seen him?" My mum replies "two days" and the man replies with "oh, well if you haven't found him by now...then you probably won't...(or words to that effect). My mum then shouts for me. And then she woke up.

My mum told me this, this morning and i found it most weird.

Does anyone know what this dream may have been about, as we are both puzzled, yet interested as to what it might mean.

Thank you
    Last edited by matthewduffy2010; 29-01-10 at 17:35.

Re: my mum had a perculiar dream....

I think it means...STAY AWAY FROM THE WOODS! THERE ARE STRANGE, SMALL MEN WITH GREY BEARDS LURKING AROUND, PREYING ON KIDS!!

Ahem, nah I'm just kidding.

Seriously though, maybe she's worried about you getting too close to strangers? Or maybe she's worried that you might be growing older and don't really need her that much anymore? You described the dude in the forest as 'small, with a grey beard'. That's a bit weird ain't it? She might be scared that your going into the big wide world, where there are lots of strange people, and she thinks that she'll lose you to these people.

Pft! I have no idea really, but they're my thoughts on this strange dream of your mothers'.

Re: my mum had a perculiar dream....

It would be interesting to know what age you are and exactly what you are doing in your life right now. This sounds like a classic dream about a mother feeling the emotional effects of having to learn to let her adult children go, or that that time is rapidly approaching. I know my mum struggled like hell when my sis and I grew up and left the family home. OF course this is just my take on it. I'm not a dream counsellor hehe but apparently dreams can be full of symbols or can reflect our emotional state and sometimes they are just utter nonsense
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Thread Information