Thread: Irrational Cancer Fears

Irrational Cancer Fears

I've been making myself literally ill with worry over the past few weeks with these totally foundless cancer fears. I've managed to convince myself I now have either cervical or ovarian cancer (without any foundation whatsoever) and I'm constantly checking for the bloody discharge that I'm convinced will eventually start to appear. What doesn't help now is that, at nearly 46, I've started experiencing irregular periods and although I know that this is a perfectly normal sign of the start of the menopause, my brain is telling me that this is a sure sign of something sinister. This fear is totally ruining my life at the moment, can anyone suggest any way that I can break away from this damaging way of thinking?

Re: Irrational Cancer Fears

I totally know what you mean. I have an immense fear of cancer. Every single time a different symptom pops up I think I have some form of cancer. Don't really know WHY I am so obsessed with cancer. It's awful. It just causes so much anxiety and our minds literally run wild. Of course, it turns out we don't have the dreaded "C" but the process we put ourselves through to get to the conclusion is exhausting. Just so you know I feel your pain. Hope you can feel better very soon.

Thread Information