Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since the dentist

Since the dentist

Hi I am having my anxiety attacks again. They get worse and more general each day that has gone. I have periods where I feel desparate and I feel the world is falling in on me and I get obsessed with it. This latest spake has happened since I saw the dentist and had 2 teeth removed and a filling about a week ago. I did it under local anisthtic and refused sadation. The operation did not go well as one of my teeth refused to budge and I was in so much pain. At the time, the doctor congratulated me for responding well and said he was impressed. I even cracked a joke half way through (always have a sense of humour when in stress) but afterwards my face blew up like a balloon. I have been in pain some of Christmas and been on antibiotics (pain killers), you name it. I'm also taking antdepressants for anixiety. I thought they had been working well but I'm scared they are not now as I feel bad. I think it could be changes in medication again but I cannot be sure. Also I have recently started a new brand of the same antidepressant. I'm keeping myself occupied as I'm on holiday but I'm in a real panic and want to ride it out somewhere (like bed).

Tulip

Poor you - the dentist sounds painful but well done for being so brave. When I had my sidom teeth out I was the same and looked like I had been beaten up.

I don't know about you but I always bfind that if I am actually ill (physically) or in pain it is very close to my anxiety symptoms so I am never sure which is causing it.

I know it's tempting to sit in bed and ride it out but you need to keep your mind busy.

I hope you feel better soon.

Annie x

I never go to bed usually in reponse to this. Occupation is the best ------Though now I'm starting to shake. My teeth feel much better now. They are mending quite well.

tulip

Tulip

Think you need some TLC . Exercise and relaxation.

Being on antibiotics can add to feeling rubbish.

Having stressful procedures and being in pain also releases stress hormones and adrenalin

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Ooh that doesn't sound like a pleasent experience at all - think you most definately deserve some TLC.

Also its not by accident that a lot of us have felt more than a little wobbly this month.

Give yourself a big hug and do some nice things for yourself to lift your spirits while your mouth heals.

love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Thanks for your support. I'm just finding it so hard to concentrate on anything at the moment. I'm supposed to be doing all this preparation for when I go back after new year and I feel very pressured. The stress builds up inside me and gets released and I start shaking. I'm feeling very scared as the feeling is as bad as it has ever been. I came back from my parents today. I'm so glad they do not have to go through this with me. We had a good Christmas but I felt it all build up over the last couple of days, bottled up the operation. I shouldn't be so harsh on myself but I feel so pressured. Everybody says what a success I am making of myself and I don't want to let them down (my job is about helping others).

Thanks for listening - just venting enables me to calm down and put all my chaotic thoughts into some perspective. I think I will try and calm down with a fruit tea in front of the television. I will let tomorrow take care of itself: Or at least I will try!!!! I'm going to a new year party with some very close friends tomorrow. I know this will do me the world of good even if I feel on deaths door and think I cannot go.

I know my e-mails are quite long but sometimes I hope that someone who may have similar feelings than me will not feel alone out there. This is the worst thing about panic - the lonliness and the guilt. It is all part of this information gathering exercise to understand this fam thing. I shouldn't cry but my tooth is starting to really hurt now but it has been so good all day!!!!

tulip

Hi again

You might want to notice that you are being incredibly hard on yourself right now and really not allowing yourself a healing break.

Christmas, New year, excellent progress = more pressure, job, self expectations, tooth stuff.

Yes, once you're doing well , its hard to stop and the expectations increase but seems like if you were a bit easier on yourself it might ease things a tad ..

Have a good time tomorrow

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

That is the story of my life. A real problem for me. I suppose I will have to like myself a bit more
    I think you have got to the nub of it. If I had a pound for everyone who have said that to me, including the people I have worked with, I could go out and treat myself in the new year. I wish I could love myself. Living alone doesn't help. I have seen this theme come up so many times on your forum. People can praise you up but it has to come from inside!!!!!!! I'm only calm when I can believe myself I'm doing good. E.g.: It isn't my fault I have tooth ache. Thanks for your usual straight talking.

tulip (who is about to have a good nights rest) = Positive thinking.

Umm Tulip going to pick you up on that.

Not so much like right now maybe, as respect that you are capable of much but not to ask toooooo much of yourself all of the time.

Don't think we can ever like ourselves if we don't repect our humanity..

Maybe I'm picking on too little bits.

Meg

"Don't think we can ever like ourselves if we don't repect our humanity.."

Sorry Meg I don't quite catch your drift on this one please expand.

I had a good nights sleep last night but found it hard to get up. I have been out most of the morning but felt bad with headache. I just want to find ways to stop the adrenalin flow. I don't think the antibiotics have been agreeing with the anti - p. But I finished the course now thank goodness. I will go out tonight and try to have a good time. I'm trying to block out stressful thoughts for more positive ones - see if that helps. It helped me sleep I suppose.

Tulip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information