Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gallstones, what were your symptoms?

Re: Gallstones, what were your symptoms?

No. Had a week of treatment for helicobacter.

my doctor told me to take omeprazole for a month.
    my stomach is so hard and tight i feel like i cant breathe properly, and itsburning was you like this, ive had to go lay down.

ive justlooked it up i no you shouldnt google lol, it says to stay on the antacids for 4-8 weeks.

I am on them for at least the next month, but that doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeoneday View Post
    hi jess

cat

thanks for the info it says to consult your doctor if your on other meds im on seroxat so i best check with him first.
    im worried im doing this to myself, when i relax in bed im not so bad, doctor said ihad reflux but dont that effect you at night in bed.?
    i feel realy sluggish too
    I would check with your Dr too just so he knows what you are taking. I've taken them when on anti depressants and had no problems at all.

Jessica it's VERY common to get pain right under your rib with IBS. It can start from anywhere from your stomach to right above your pubic bone, anywhere the intestines go really. You definately sound like you have IBS.

I know Omeprazole can cause gas and I get a lot of pain and gas while on them but I can't do without them otherwise the acid comes back. Been on Omeprazole everyday now for about 2 years I think

Thanks Cat.

I have just never had this achy rib pain before. I guess I should just relax.

My IBS pains are all over too, as low as under knicker line, you'd swear it was my womb.

cat

thats the thing m more gasy than acidy so worried if i take omeprazole ill be worse.
    ive also got eye pain in my right eye is this conected?

You just sound very anxious and jumpy about every ache and pain, try to relax. I get eye pain if I am tired, it's nothing to worry about x

I saw my GP, and she explained to me that the triple therapy for helicobacter will knock me out of sorts for about 4 weeks, she said its basically like drinking domestos, lol!! and she said you wouldn't volunteer to do that, so what I have had is nasty.

I told her about the pain under right rib, she didn't examin it but she said she thinks that is IBS, she said IBS isn't just low down, it affects the whole abdomen, from the right, up under ribs and down to the left where the bowel is. She also said you can get stomach acid and pain. She thinks the helicobacter, stress and the medication has caused my IBS.

She was really nice and helpful, and I feel I understand my IBS much better. She gave me some buscopan on repeat now and i have to take it every day to try and keep my IBS at bay.

She doesn't think I have gallstones, but she said until the scan we don't know for sure, but she said wind could just cause the rib pain, and that I am not a candidate for gallstones as I am so slim/small, dark, only 30..... so she said to relax.

hi jessica

do you feel better now knowing, ive just spoke to my doctor and hes testing me for helibactor too, said not to take omeprozole until ive done a stool test, he was realy nice today and understanding which makes a change put my mind at rest about the breathing thing, said that my stomachs going into spasm high up which is making me breathless, so im going to be brave after my stool test and take the meds!!!!
    did you do a stool test? they say the breathe test is the best one to do.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information