Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can This Week Get Any Worse :(:(:(

Can This Week Get Any Worse :(:(:(

Hi Everyone,

Last week we had a poorly dog, she was drinking lots of water and weeing and then licking her privates all of the time, so in the end we made an appointment to the vets, well, hmmmm the vets think she has a womb infection . We will get the results on Tuesday( tomorrow, this Tuesday). If she does have this womb infection, the odds are that she will be put to sleep, cos she will need a major operation on a 12 Year Old German Shepherd dog and she is having problems with her back end, anyways.

Also we have found out that my fellas dad has been really really ill, so he went to the drs, and found out that he has prostate cancer, and possible secondaries to the liver, we will know that results on Wednesday. So fella and me have to go to fellas dads like tomorrow and sort of look after him and go home, friday evening.

It is just so horrible all of this bad timing why happen at once. I don't know what to say or do, its very hard when you don't have depression in these situations. Plus its awful watching your dog which you had since a puppy, so happy and things going down hill, to depressed, wont eat her dinner, apart from carrots, potatoes, ham, cooked sausages and bacon flavoured dog treats, and she used to be bright eyed, happy, not now, and she has a ball that she used to lick every day, if you touched it she got stressed(I think she thinks its like one of her puppies or something, well the ball does have a face on it) She hasnt licked it for days,

Re: Can This Week Get Any Worse :(:(:(

Sorry to hear about all of that.. I used to swear I would never own animals again but when we moved here five years ago we got horses and dogs.. I didn't think I would get attached but of course I did.. I have lost one horse since being here and my female dog and they are greatly missed. I am like a worried father with my horses and dogs all the time that is the reason I have a security camera on my roof with a joy stick so I can see what they are doing. There has been many a night that I have gone out on the property looking for the dogs or horses.. I feel for you and hope with all my heart your dogs are better.. Michael

I'm so sorry to hear about your fellas Dad and your dog being poorly. It must be a very difficult and upsetting time for you, especially having both of these things to deal with at the same time. All I can say is stay strong - you will get through this.

Hope things get better for you. Hugs, from shoegal xxx

Sorry to hear about yr fellas dad and your dog

mandie x

Hi, Everyone

Sorry for not updating, sooner, the past 2 weeks or so have been really hetic. Unfortunately on the Tuesday, we had to put my dog down, . And on the Wednesday we found out that fellas dad has deffinitely got cancer. And on the Friday, he had to go to hospital cos he was very ill and his kidney and liver wasnt working properly and things.

It has been very stressful and tiring, phsically and mentally. Especially when I eventually came home to find no dog(my dad told me on the phone cos I was at my mans dads house) One of the cats keeps calling for the dog and things.

Well, we know my mans dad has deffinite got terminal cancer, and can not be cured, but can slow it down depending how widespread it is.

Thanks, for my replies by the way, xxx.

Sorry you are having such a hard time at the moment - sometimes you feel like it's just once thing after another and will it ever end. I'm so sorry about your dog. They are just like one of the family. Sounds as though she was having a hard time at the end though, so she's at peace now.
    Myra

Hello,

Well just noticed I haven't updated for a while on this post. hmmm. It sure has been tough going actually. ( We have had to chase up the district nursed to check up on things, we have had to ring up to make sure he is on the waiting list for the bone scan, the hospital didn't seem to do a thing. grrrr).

We have been like trying to take it in turns, one brother goes down one week, and sort of swap round, to help look after their dad. The dad seem to be getting slightly better, managing to eat and things, and then things took a huge turn for the worse, a few weeks ago. Feeling tired all of the time, finding it hard to breathe and things, etc etc, can't talk hardly due to the breathing thing. In the end my mans bro had to take his dad back home with them cos we couldn't leave him at home and my man had his job, and his bro had to work, but it was easier to be looked after the bros house. One dr thinks he had a chest infection, another said anemia. We don't know if we are coming or going at the moment. And we mentioned about the bone scan that we was expecting him to have, and they have had to have a discussion to see if they think he should have one, (all of the consultants, ) Yes he deffo has terminal cancer, and it has spread but we don't know if we are coming or going at the moment. Its sort of grrrrrrr.

My mans bro took his dad to the drs again, cos its not right with the dads breathing. He is not eating or drinking really at all. He is in hospital now, but not sure if that is a good thing, cos there was ants crawling on the hosptial floor, dirty as hell. They moved him elsewhere and the floor there was totally dirty and someone had to clean the floor whilst dad was in the bed.

So tomorrow afternoon its my and my mans turn to go down and help out things now. It is so hard at the moment. Feeling really bad recently.

This is really sad ShyGirl. These situations are tough on anyone, but us anxiety sufferers can get hit by them pretty hard. I think its the uncertainty that affects us most. On the other hand we are so used to feeling low and crap that sometimes we cope better than the rest of the family who may just all go to pieces.

We went though something similar in 2008 when my Dad was finally diagnosed with cancer after falling progressively more ill over a period of months. For him the final stage in hospital was pretty quick, barely enough time to be ready for it. We found no-one wanted to tell you how long they thought he had just a bunch of hints and "visit whenever you like" (that's the worst sign). Even when mum was fading away at home this February it was hard to get more than a "very frail now" out of the Drs. Couldn't tell if they meant weeks or hours!

Sorry not wanting to make you feel bad, but its best to be prepared in these situations and on the whole we found the NHS didn't want to tell you enough to be prepared.

If you've any questions or need a shoulder do post or PM.

Hi, Everyone,

Its have been such a terrible day, my mans dad has died this morning.

Oh Shygirl, that's really sad for you all and tough to deal with.

From your posts it sounded like the Drs hadn't even hinted at such a sudden passing - so its going to be quite a shock for everyone even thought you knew he had this illness. With my Dad we didn't know what was wrong until what turned out to be his final week and he was only in hospital for about 2 weeks. So I can really relate to what you are feeling. Even when its expected sometime its almost always too soon.

I posted yesterday hoping I could support you a bit or even just prepare you for the worst. If you find you need to talk then PM me and I'll try to keep an eye out for messages. Really I mean that. I know for myself it helped having someone outside the family I could talk to, sometimes about the loss or sometimes about normal things.

Keep posting and God Bless
    Kevin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information