Thread: Had a hard day :(

Had a hard day :(

I have felt really rubbish today.

It was my first day bcak at work and I was feeling really postive. Work wa fine and I felt ok which was a relief. I had one blip when we were discussing gravity and space with our calss but taht's because my brain can't seem to cope with thinking about big things at the moment.

After I left work I just felt on the edge on panic for the rest of the day. I know I am tired where I haven't slept well for a few days and that doesn't help but I don't want to feel like this anymore. I just feel like I am on the verge of going mad. The world just doesn't feel real and I don't fell attached to it.

I have been taking prozac for three weeks now - how long should I give it before I go back to the doctor?

Any words of encouragement appreciated.

Annie x

Your doctor should be monitoring you throughout the settling in period anyway but often takes - 4-6 weeks to kick in.

You are not going mad- you've just a full brain of whirring thoughts. When it gets too full it does a bit of DP/DR.

Active relaxation is helpful.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Annie
    I think you may feel like it for at least another couple of weeks.

Was there something during the discussion about "ravity and space" which upset your mood. Something someone said or something you said yourself that made you start to feel anxious?

I know that Prozac can sometimes make anxiety a little worse during the first few weeks - so maybe just try to go with it for now.

The positive here is that you went to work and you were okay.

Take care
    lots of love
    Yvonne

Y Goble

Thanks to you both.

Meg - my doctor said to come back in two months as I have been on prozac before a few years ago and know what to expect. I can't really remember how quickly it worked back then! I guess I need to be patient.

Annie x

Keep working at it dont let it grind you down. You will soon be feeling more like your true self once the drug as had time to stabilish your thoughts. Once thats happened theres only one way to go and thats up. Hope you get there soon

Keith

Thanks Keith

I hope so.

Annie x

it takes while for your tablets to work, but if you want to go back to your doctor, go. my doctor is really good, he was very reasurring to me, if you tell your docotr that why your there, im sure they wont have aproblem with it.

can i reasurre you your not going mad, ive thought it for a couple of years and i think its finally sunk in, I WONT, neither will you. I have suffered with DP and very rarely get it at all now, the week before xmas was the first time in ages, I was sat talking to a lecturer at the college where I work and it happend, I didnt realise what it was till after, i just thought about the sensations at the time and considered that I may be about to pass out. To the point, this week I was back at college and I was sat with the same person, I was so in my own thoughts worrying about it, it started to happen again!!!! I managed to controle it thankfull and snapped out of it. What im saying I suppose was, the thinking about it before and at the time made it worse, I was on edge so obviously my adrenaline levels went up---then over.

Im not sure if what I have said will make sence to you, but I know its easier said than done but try not tothink about it happening, distract yourself with breathing or thinking of calming images.

good luck xx kim

We are all here to support you hun

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Thanks everyone

I'm not letting it beat me and am off to work to try and face another day!

Annie x

Thread Information