Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wondering about all these symptoms

wondering about all these symptoms

I am still wondering whether i do actually suffer from anxiety because i never get anxious feelings and never have any thoughts etc etc, ok i admit that i worry about my health but that is only because i have had these symptoms over the last 20 months or so before that i never used to worry about my health or think the worst etc.

I have been feeling slightly worse over the last couple of months, these are all the symptoms i get all day everyday and no matter what i do they never go away:-

1.Feeling tired all the time/lack of energy
    2.Yawning alot even when i have just got up
    3.Feeling lightheaded
    4.Feeling spaced out/unreal/feel like i am a zombie living on a different planet.
    5.No motivation to do anything
    6.Body feels very edgy, restless, keep moving around alot.
    7.Feel very faint
    8.Aches and pains
    9.Feel like i want to go to bed all the time no matter how much sleep i have had, as soon as i get up i feel like i have no slept at all.
    10.Feel hot alot of the time
    11.My body and face feel like they are going to explode.

Over the last few weeks i keep thinking that i am dying or going to collapse or die anyday now.

But the thing is i am only 23 what are the chances of me just dropping dead? and what are the chances that i have something life threatening with me?

Like i have said before no-one including doctors have ever told me i have anxiety, i do admit since i have become ill i may be quite worried about my health but if i didnt feel this way all the time i would not think like this.

Ok i am on anti-depressants and over a year and a half ago when i had some blood tests and ecg, urine tests and stool samples done nothing was found.

My wife even says she doesn't think i suffer from anxiety because i dont feel anxious i dont get panicky or avoid anything or have anxious feelings or thoughts i just have these symptoms constantly and there is never any relief from them, that is why lately i am thinking i my collapse and die anytime now or maybe there is something very seriously wrong with me.

I have tried relaxation, exercise, eating differently etc but nothing gives me relief or makes me feel better.

What do you lot on here think?

I hope everything on here had a great xmas and new year

Hi

Starting back nearly 3 years ago now, i started with dizzyness etc etc i know have everything on your list on a daily basis.
    At that time i didnt think it was anxiety, was convinced it was a brain tumour etc etc.
    Had MRI's x-rays blood tests, ecg's etc etc....ALL CLEAR.

Th ething is, we dont necessarily recognise we are anxious etc untill its gone too far.

Looking back now, i think me moving in with my fiance and out of my parents was a big trigger - it wanst that i didnt wanna do it, but i dont think menatlly i was fully ready for the full responsibility etc.and it bought out the dizzyness and so on.

Im only now accepting that it is anxiety - i thought i had the symptoms first, so that made me anxious etc. But youve said yourself...youve had tests and they were fine - you wont get rid of the feelings etc just like that. Theu didnt appear overnight and they wont go that way either.

First you need to accept what it is. I dont think your there yet.

CBT will help.

Talk to your doc about all your concerns etc and get a referal and then it is a positive step towards getting rid of the feelings you are having - we all suffer with some all or even more on a daily basis...your not alone, but until you accept it, then you will only make yourself worse.

Look back and see when this all started, was there anything which couldve trigered it etc.

Sorry if ive rambled, its just i know, and im sure a lot of others will know, how you feel.

Tatty B xx

hi andrew sorry to hear you feel so bad .i have suffered anxiety for about 10 years now but the last 3 years i would have said i was clear of the panicky feelings .i found i was coping again but the phisical symptoms you describe never really left me especially the tiredness and faint feeling.the doctor told me even though you are not anxious at the minute our thoughts even the ones we dont realise we have can manifest themself into terrible physical symtoms and the more we worry about them the more they linger on.as you say the chances of you dying or becoming seriously ill at your age is very slim indeed.unfortunatly my anxiety is in full swing again i have good days and bad but you just have to try and divert your mind somewher e else.i no its easier said than done but youll get there in the end.take cre marcia xx

marcia lowe

oh Andrew
    still not feeling any better i see.
    ok here goes, if you are worrying about your health then you ARE anxious, it works like this... we have something or some event which happens to make us anxious, even if we dont realise it at time, this produces physical symptoms... the cause of our anxiety may then become resolved but we are left with the physical symptoms which we then focus on which then spiral out of control and hey presto a health anxiety is born (that how mine came about), and before you kno wit you are on the worry , symptom, worry symptom cycle. You are right in saying that it is highly unlikely that you will collapse and die at your young age, and as for noone ever having told you that it was anxiety, just exactly what have they been telling you, people do not suffer symptoms like yours for a long time without any one condition making its self known, you are suffering from anxiety without a doubt and you def need some cbt to help you through this, take this from someone who knows, you have to get yourself sorted out and get your young life back, please take advice that the good people here are giving you.
    take care

I just want my life back
    nell
    x

Hi Andrew and welcome back,

I first got my anxiety just over two years ago and it just started one night with pains in my stomach - I was no more anxious in my own mind that I was before. So even though I had a history of panics attacks on and off, the full blown anxiety took me by surprise a bit.

Like you, I had the symptoms just go on and on - there never seemed an end to it, although I did have good periods every so often.

It took me about a year to get professional help worth talking about and slowly I began to accept and understand my anxiety. But even so I still had bouts of health anxiety which were the worse.

Two years on, I cannot shrug off the tiredness, but my therapist says that will go too. It just takes too damned long!

The symptoms you record are those of anxiety and you have had various tests done. The fact that you are ill too maybe only compounds the issue to make your recovery more difficult.

But you will get there. You need that CBT and the belief.

Take care mate,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

I cannot seem to sit still for very long which is something recent and didnt happen much before what is causing this? i seem to be quite restless and it is annoying me, feel so exhuasted and faint all the time and lately i am getting very unhappy as i hate feeling like this all the time and wonder if i am going to suddenly die or that i have something serious.

Youve said it yourslef...you worrying its somthing serious...this is anxiety! It will then make you feel worse.

You need to be positive about it and get the CBT you need otherwise its not gonna go away.

Anxiety isnt a clear cut thing...is soo complicated and can cause so many sympoms its unreal, im still here after 3 years of worrying i had a brain tumour because of all the symptoms....would i seriously still be where i am if it was somthing serious?

We can only reassure you...you need to accept and vbelive it yourslef.

Youve had test and they were fine.

You are only experinecing what we all do on here...its not nice i know, but it wont get easier if you dont accept its anxiety and get help for it.

Tatty B xx

Hi Andrew.

I can realte to nearly everything on your list I know how miserable it is to feel like that ll of the time.

At the moment I am anxious and I know it because of my thoughts but even when I don't think that I am suffering particularly I still get the physical symptoms.

Whether you realise it or not - worrying about your health and each symptom is bad enough to keep them going.

If it has been a long time since seeing your GP then I would go back for a check-up and explain to him that you are still feeling this way - he may be able to refer you to some sort of therapy.

I hope you feel better soon - you are not alone though

Annie x

How can i stop mybody being so restless and keep moving around and not sitting still for long etc? as this is really really annoying me recently, thanks.

do you have any relaxation tapes? if you are too restless for that, maybe you have an excess of adrenaline going round you in which case you should do some regular exercise

maybe you could go jogging every night. That may take away your restlessness and also make you sleep better.

just a thought.

Lisa

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information